Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Have you ever reached out to an ex after a year? watch

Or longer?

ReputationRep:
    Don't do it. It's been a year plus. Try to move on.

ReputationRep:
    Move on with your life

(Original post by georgiaswift)
    (Original post by samina_ay)
    Move on with your life
    I have moved on but I suddenly have thought of him and I wonder what he's doing, what he's up to, there was no closure, it was a forced moving on for me, emotionally. It's our break up anniversary and I naturally am feeling it. =\

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    I have moved on but I suddenly have thought of him and I wonder what he's doing, what he's up to, there was no closure, it was a forced moving on for me, emotionally. It's our break up anniversary and I naturally am feeling it. =\
    If you had moved on then you wouldn't be upset on your "break up anniversary". The fact that it was a "forced break up" shows that he doesn't feel about you he way you do about him. If you contacted him you'd seem desperate and he'd probably pity you. Either way, it won't change anything.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    I know how you feel, cos im talking from experience. but you have got to keep moving on--it doesn't matter if it's an anniversary or not; just accept it
    You will be fine without him xxx

ReputationRep:
    You'll be fine without it even when you feel like you won't ever be ok.

And answering the question, yes. Ironically it was the ex who cheated on me. He messaged me to say he was sorry for everything and asked for another chance. I said no.

ReputationRep:
    I agree it's not a good idea. Its coming up to a year since my ex and I broke up. I think about him from time to time, however I wouldn't reach out to him after all this time. I did two months after we broke up and in the end I just realised that he didn't care anymore.

ReputationRep:
    Yes I have, Just to see what I felt when I talked to her again. I felt nothing

ReputationRep:
    someone just did that to me. Literally texted me the day after he ended it with the girl he left me for. Needless to say he wasn't well received

ReputationRep:
    You always give good advice.
    Op listen to Georgia she is always right.
    Btw how did you get your name in purple I just saw it now

ReputationRep:
    Nope.

Not to say I'm noty friendly with exes, I'll often be more than friendly with them if I bump into them and if they ever became part of my social circle again that's fine to, but I don;t go out of my way to contact them.
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Yes and we got back together and have been for 7 years now and haven't had any breaks in that time.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    No, leave them alone

Move on. Get tinder.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by chikane)
    You always give good advice.
    Op listen to Georgia she is always right.
    Btw how did you get your name in purple I just saw it now
    You're too kind, thank you
    I'm a mod now, so my name changes colour so you know I'm part of the community team

ReputationRep:
    You're too kind, thank you
    I'm a mod now, so my name changes colour so you know I'm part of the community team
    oooh congratulations think you should close Believeteam22 thread

On topic i wouldn't get in touch after a year as too much time has passed and my feelings would have disappeared for them by then hopefully.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: April 14, 2016
Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.