Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hi, I have just been informed that because I live so close to MMU I will have to apply for private accommodation. I have heard that they aren't very sociable and am a bit worried about it! The ones I am looking at in particular are Moss Court Apartments, Manchester Student Village, Victoria Point and MSV South. I was wondering if there was anyone's opinions who have seen them or have lived in them? There isn't many pictures on the websites either so if anyone has any that would be mega helpful!
    Thanks!

ReputationRep:
    Hi I found this Facebook Group and it could solve your question!

facebook.com/groups/1205413989473980/

ReputationRep:
    Thank you!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by EllieH98)
    Hi, I have just been informed that because I live so close to MMU I will have to apply for private accommodation. I have heard that they aren't very sociable and am a bit worried about it! The ones I am looking at in particular are Moss Court Apartments, Manchester Student Village, Victoria Point and MSV South. I was wondering if there was anyone's opinions who have seen them or have lived in them? There isn't many pictures on the websites either so if anyone has any that would be mega helpful!
    Thanks!
    Hi sorry I can't help about the rest but I am currently living at MSV South. I booked a room for next year however I'm moving to Surrey, (change of course) so I need to find a replacement for my room, contract starts Sept 16. It's a single en suite room in a flat of 4. It's a 51 week contract at £99 a week. Let me know if you're interested. MSV South is a brilliant place to live, it's really friendly and maintenance are really quick at solving issues

ReputationRep:
    I am in the exact same situation :/

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by EllieH98)
    Thanks!
    I am in the exact same situation

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SLJ1991)
    I am in the exact same situation :/
    As written above, I have a room available at MSV South if you are interested? Just let me know

ReputationRep:
    I'm a first year student who had the same issue last year. I lived/still live in Moss Court and they're alright. The prices are going up this year though and some of the rooms are tiny for what you pay. If Moss Court was your choice, I'd try to get a larger room and not a ground floor apartment... I live on the ground floor and it's not ideal. Other than that, they're actually pretty decent. Any maintenance issues get dealt with more or less straight away and the guy off reception is a huge help for anything. It's a very good location too because it's just off Oxford Road which is full of student places to go and it's relatively close to all the MMU buildings. I hope this has helped slightly!

ReputationRep:
    I'm the exact same, but I really wanted accommodation at MMU just generally because its more reliable and secure! Don't know what to do...

ReputationRep:
    Hello,

I'm also in the same situation.

I'm looking at Heald Grove apartments.

I guess you will always meet people out and about and on your course.

Lorna

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.