The Student Room Group

AQA AS Spanish Essay Questions Predictions 2016

Scroll to see replies

Original post by joodaa
Ooo I usually do the reading first, did your teacher say why they recommending doing the essay first?

My teacher often goes on about the spanish principle examiner's comments and he often states that students run out of time for the essay so rush it and lose grammatical or content marks so my teacher recommends doing listening to get it over and done with and to get you in the mood for spanish and then she says she prefers to look at the essay title asap and think about it perhaps while doing a reading question, then coming back to it to make a good plan and write it in between 45 mins and 1 hour, then use the remaining time to complete the reading section. If you run out of time you can always guess for the multiple choice :smile:
Reply 61
My teacher went to some meeting for the AQA board and apparently all questions are now 'pros and cons'/'advantages vs. disadvantages' questions. I can double check if this is true tomorrow too!
Original post by Arcai
My teacher went to some meeting for the AQA board and apparently all questions are now 'pros and cons'/'advantages vs. disadvantages' questions. I can double check if this is true tomorrow too!

Hopefully, pros and cons are always the best to do!!
Original post by eleanor27
I'm resisting this exam to try and improve on my mark from last year (currently doing A2) haven't looked at the AS stuff since the exam and this resit is my first one.... ahahaha oops... :/

I'm resitting too, just hoping it goes well!!
Original post by Fayeelizabeth
To anyone doing AS for the first time I'd defo recommend resitting in year 13, Spanish has improved a lot at A2 so when doing AS papers if I get a question wrong it's normally because I find something vague like in the V,F and N section not because I don't understand the Spanish:':wink: As for the essay questions hoping technology tbh:frown: Would do health depending on question and sport would be a last resort if it did come up, not my strong point :colondollar:

Would definitely recommend it, I feel my Spanish has improved so much so hopefully my retake will go well :smile:
How many points per paragraph do you guys usually do? Mine depending on each topic i try to do 5 points each (for for and against) with at least 3 examples I don't know if its enough !

Also has anyone got any versatile subjunctive triggerS?
I usually use 'la razon principal para que piense que ___ '' and no creo que, occasinally dudo que and es importante que
So in my mock oral I did so good ( I got an A even though I barely spoke in class ) with a B overall and I was find with that because I'm aiming for AAAA or AAAB. Unfortunately I started freaking out in the real exam and crying during the actual oral... My teachers predict that I would get a C for the oral and maybe for the real exam but I really can't get a C!!! I NEED to ace the written exam tomorrow. The oral is worth 20% and the other paper is worth 30%... Is it possible?? To get a B ? or an A even?? Tips for the essay or prompt predictions? I've been doing mind maps for each topic with key phrases but the gap fill and translations really bring me down!
Reply 67
I'm so worried about this essay tomorrow 😔
Original post by Wisteria_xo
How many points per paragraph do you guys usually do? Mine depending on each topic i try to do 5 points each (for for and against) with at least 3 examples I don't know if its enough !

I usually use 'la razon principal para que piense que ___ '' and no creo que, occasinally dudo que and es importante que

I do 2 for and 2 against normally :smile:
just done a few past papers before tomorrow- first time I've looked at it since last year! Hoping I can wing my way through the essay but bar that everything seems so much easier after A2! Can't recommend resisting enough :wink:
Original post by Wisteria_xo

off the top of my head:
Es una lástima que, me entristece que, me alegre que, para que, es *any adjective* que (eg esencial, ridículo, interesante etc), el hecho de que, tan pronto como, hasta que... there's loads :smile:

can also use the imperfect subjunctive+pluperfect si sentence sequence :smile:
(I'm an A2 student resitting)
I seriously hate the AS paper, the A2 writing is so much better and the questions are usually the same each year. But with AS, the questions are so specific! How are you guys revising for tomorrow? I'm in year 13 as well and retaking and my revision has just been grammar, vocab and structures for the essays really! Did a few grammar tests from past papers and they're so much easier now!
Original post by eleanor27
off the top of my head:
Es una lástima que, me entristece que, me alegre que, para que, es *any adjective* que (eg esencial, ridículo, interesante etc), el hecho de que, tan pronto como, hasta que... there's loads :smile:

can also use the imperfect subjunctive+pluperfect si sentence sequence :smile:
(I'm an A2 student resitting)

Don't forget that if you say 'es cierto que', for example, that doesn't take subjunctive because there is no doubt :smile:
Original post by emilia_claire
Don't forget that if you say 'es cierto que', for example, that doesn't take subjunctive because there is no doubt :smile:

Same applies with 'es probable que' it depends how uncertain it is whether or not it takes the subjunctive- don't you just love Spanish :wink:
Original post by derrickan
So in my mock oral I did so good ( I got an A even though I barely spoke in class ) with a B overall and I was find with that because I'm aiming for AAAA or AAAB. Unfortunately I started freaking out in the real exam and crying during the actual oral... My teachers predict that I would get a C for the oral and maybe for the real exam but I really can't get a C!!! I NEED to ace the written exam tomorrow. The oral is worth 20% and the other paper is worth 30%... Is it possible?? To get a B ? or an A even?? Tips for the essay or prompt predictions? I've been doing mind maps for each topic with key phrases but the gap fill and translations really bring me down!

It's defiantly possible to get B, I know someone who got a C in the speaking last year and came out with a B, (if you really banged in the exam I'm sure you could just get an A but don't take my word) are you yr 12 or yr 13 cause you said translations but that's just A2?
I'm thinking Sport, Family&relationships, and alcohol&Smoking!!
I hope it is these!
Reply 76
Original post by emilia_claire
I seriously hate the AS paper, the A2 writing is so much better and the questions are usually the same each year. But with AS, the questions are so specific! How are you guys revising for tomorrow? I'm in year 13 as well and retaking and my revision has just been grammar, vocab and structures for the essays really! Did a few grammar tests from past papers and they're so much easier now!

Hey as you are stuck for essays, I have like 30 essays planned out for this exam each wit out six ideas if you want them. As a summary of predicted essays these are the key one:
- smoking/alcoholism
- tourism - holidays in spain

Also, I have made vocab checklists from our school's book and am doing grammar quizzes.
Hi, just wondering if anybody has any essay predictions of what might come up tomorrow. Also does anybody have any plans on what to write for each topic so I can prepare for every possibility. Hope everyone's revision is going well!! :smile: Buena suerte :smile:
WOULD YOU RECOMMEND TAKING SPANISH AT A LEVEL? I'm not particularly amazing at it, but I am interested in it and I'm suddenly motivated to learn it..but the speaking exam is putting me off (I also struggle with the listening)....I just did my GCSE and struggled with it :/ (I usually get A's in my mocks) and I know it's a huge jump from GCSE to A level but if I dedicated my summer to learning a whole range of new vocabulary would it be worth it? I really am starting to develop a passion for wanting to know the language..but if it's HARD I wouldn't want to struggle !? what would you advise
Original post by bethanyjx
WOULD YOU RECOMMEND TAKING SPANISH AT A LEVEL? I'm not particularly amazing at it, but I am interested in it and I'm suddenly motivated to learn it..but the speaking exam is putting me off (I also struggle with the listening)....I just did my GCSE and struggled with it :/ (I usually get A's in my mocks) and I know it's a huge jump from GCSE to A level but if I dedicated my summer to learning a whole range of new vocabulary would it be worth it? I really am starting to develop a passion for wanting to know the language..but if it's HARD I wouldn't want to struggle !? what would you advise

I seriously would recommend picking a level Spanish if you're prepared to work hard. There is a lot of work involved and it's a brand new spec for next years AS exams as well which is completely different to this years. The speakings are hard but you practice loads throughout the year and gain the confidence you need to succeed! I do French and Spanish at AS level and I don't regret it one bit! If you enjoy it then go for it!!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending