Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    So, I still didn't start a levels, I'm still in Y11.

I'm thinking of taking chemistry(if I get A*A* in double science), Further maths(if I dont like it i will drop it), maths and physics. So, my question is how hard is it and should I pick these 4 hard courses at the same time.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ARK_REVISES)

I'm thinking of taking chemistry(if I get A*A* in double science), Further maths(if I dont like it i will drop it), maths and physics. So, my question is how hard is it and should I pick these 4 hard courses at the same time.
    Difficulty 1/motivation.

Further maths will make maths very easy.

Physics is not hard if you practise enough questions; maths is the same.

I can't really comment on chemistry, but you have a standard combination of subjects to do a science or maths related course at university.

ReputationRep:
    Doing all 4 at a2 atm. I cant really comment on how hard you will find it, but i'd say if you enjoy the physical sciences and maths and qre willing to put the effort in then its a very good foundation for any stem degree

ReputationRep:
    Further Maths = More Maths =/= Harder Maths

Doing Further Maths will make you spit on the Maths peasants who think 3 modules in a year is hard.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by samb1234)
    Doing all 4 at a2 atm. I cant really comment on how hard you will find it, but i'd say if you enjoy the physical sciences and maths and qre willing to put the effort in then its a very good foundation for any stem degree
    you are right i might drop chemistry later on if I dont find it fun to do or if it is really tough

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BasicMistake)

Doing Further Maths will make you spit on the Maths peasants who think 3 modules in a year is hard.
    So......you saying that I should take it

ReputationRep:
    So......you saying that I should take it
    If you enjoy maths (or at least don't hate it) and you are willing to spend more time on it then yes, take Further Maths.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BasicMistake)

I get the principle of what you're saying, but lets be honest some of the further maths modules are considerably harder than normal maths (such as fp2 fp3 etc)

ReputationRep:
    I took physics, chem, bio and maths. dropped chem after the first year. wish I'd have taken further maths instead of bio :/

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mentalmirz)
    I took physics, chem, bio and maths. dropped chem after the first year. wish I'd have taken further maths instead of bio :/
    Did what you did in Y12 but then dropped biology and took the full further maths A level in Y13

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
    Help with your A-levels

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Uni match

Uni match

Our tool will help you find the perfect course for you

Study planner

Create a study plan

Get your head around what you need to do and when with the study planner tool.

Study planner

Resources by subject

Everything from mind maps to class notes.

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student doing homework

Study tips from A* students

Students who got top grades in their A-levels share their secrets

Study help links and info

Can you help? Study help unanswered threadsRules and posting guidelines

Sponsored content:

HEAR

HEAR

Find out how a Higher Education Achievement Report can help you prove your achievements.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.