The Student Room Group

Should I meditate after revising?

I've been meditating twice a day for about 2 months now but I was wondering if it will affect my memory or anything if I do it after revising. It does help me relax and reduce the stress of my exams. This may sound pretty stupid but I'm genuinely curious...
(edited 8 years ago)
Nah meditating is just silly, wont help your memory at all..just sacrifice a goat to the gods before you go into the exam
Reply 2
Original post by Daniel9998
Nah meditating is just silly, wont help your memory at all..just sacrifice a goat to the gods before you go into the exam

Sounds like a plan
Reply 3
Original post by Darcassan
I've been meditating twice a day for about 2 months now but I was wondering if it will affect my memory or anything if I do it after revising. It does help me relax and reduce the stress of my exams. This may sound pretty stupid but I'm genuinely curious...

I doubt it will aid with your revision. A lot of people do use it for relaxation though so if it helps you personally, it won't do you any harm to do a quick session to calm yourself down a little after some intense work. Don't go out of your way to do it though after revision if you wouldn't normally unless you feel it will benefit you :smile:
It won't help you remember anything, but it is actually really good for managing stress.
it is a great way to decrease stress and make you focus more. so Yes to your question however I would do it before so your more focused before work
Reply 6
I posted on your other procatination problem question but I just wanted to say thats absolutely amazing that you have found meditation and are practicing definitely check out actualized. org on youtube. Keep meditating having a calm mind is great for focus... exactly what you need for exam time:h:

Quick Reply

Latest