Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

I just can't fake it anymore watch

Announcements

I'm tired of pretending to be happy. But as a result I don't talk to people anymore and have grown distant with everyone.

I just wish I was the same optimistic 18 year old I used to be. My religion and my care about my family are the things that keep me going. I just want to be my old self again and get that social life I used to have. And not be constantly miserable.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    I'm tired of pretending to be happy. But as a result I don't talk to people anymore and have grown distant with everyone.

I just wish I was the same optimistic 18 year old I used to be. I honestly don't see the point in living anymore. If I didn't have my religion or care about my family. I'd be dead long ago. I just want to be my old self again and get that social life I used to have. And not be constantly miserable.
    Are you upset with something?

ReputationRep:
    What's changed?

(Original post by ODES_PDES)
    Myself. I just hate the way I am so much. I can never do anything right and **** up at everything.

(Original post by BWV1007)
    What's changed?
    Me. I've become constantly pessimistic and quiet. I'm not fun anymore, and I don't enjoy anything in life anymore.

ReputationRep:
    Me. I've become constantly pessimistic and quiet. I'm not fun anymore, and I don't enjoy anything in life anymore.
    :console:
    Do you know why?

(Original post by ||TheUnknown||)
    :console:
    Do you know why?
    No idea tbh. I just feel like I'm failure to myself and an embarrassment to my parents

ReputationRep:
    Myself. I just hate the way I am so much. I can never do anything right and **** up at everything.
    It's okay to make mistakes and **** things up. You're learning. Let the past go and work on the present. Things will get better if you work on them.

Oh I know how you feel OP.
    But you have to realise that you are still quite young. It's okay to mess up. It's a part of growing up and becoming wiser :rolleyes:
    Try to do things you enjoy, whether it's school, a hobby you like to do. Anything you want really. Just go into something you enjoy. (If you don't know, there's no harm in trying out new things ).
    Just something that makes you feel happy with yourself. It will take time but I can tell you it will be okay sooner than you might think. :console:.
    You might feel constrained and restricted, but you can break free, you can. Have faith in yourself. Believe in yourself. Honestly, once you do. The heavy weight just feels like it's been lifted off.

I hope you realise that you are a someone OP, someone special. So never forget that. :hugs:

ReputationRep:
    For a brief moment, I thought I made this thread. (':

I am in a *similar* situation + can highly relate to parts of the OP, I hope you feel better soon. :hugs:

ReputationRep:

I just wish I was the same optimistic 18 year old I used to be. I honestly don't see the point in living anymore. If I didn't have my religion or care about my family. I'd be dead long ago. I just want to be my old self again and get that social life I used to have. And not be constantly miserable.
    It's depression, dear. I'm going through the same thing and would advise you to see your GP about it and go to your university counselling services (if you are at uni). Feel free to PM me if you want to :hugs:

(Original post by BWV1007)
    It's okay to make mistakes and f*** things up. You're learning. Let the past go and work on the present. Things will get better if you work on them.
    (Original post by aamirac)
    Oh I know how you feel OP.
    But you have to realise that you are still quite young. It's okay to mess up. It's a part of growing up and becoming wiser :rolleyes:
    Try to do things you enjoy, whether it's school, a hobby you like to do. Anything you want really. Just go into something you enjoy. (If you don't know, there's no harm in trying out new things ).
    Just something that makes you feel happy with yourself. It will take time but I can tell you it will be okay sooner than you might think. :console:.
    You might feel constrained and restricted, but you can break free, you can. Have faith in yourself. Believe in yourself. Honestly, once you do. The heavy weight just feels like it's been lifted off.

I hope you realise that you are a someone OP, someone special. So never forget that. :hugs:
    What they have said ^^

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anon_98)
    For a brief moment, I thought I made this thread. (':

I am in a *similar* situation + can highly relate to parts of the OP, I hope you feel better soon. :hugs:

Spoiler:
    Show
    :sad:
    :happy2:
    :headbang:
    :indiff:
    :love:
    :mad:
    :music:
    :pierre:
    :poke:
    :shakehand:
    :mad2:
    :smartass:
    :smile:
    and so onnn..
    life is not perfect at all... it will have up hills and down hills.... everyone goes through this at least once in their lives... i am in the same state too... we just need to find a solution... we cant let bad things take over us...

Ive been like this for over a year. Ive been diagnosed with depression, but my dad says to stop being such a woman. And mum either ignores or keep asking "why?" The thing is i dont know why, it seems like everything. I just feel like such a waste of space.

ReputationRep:
    Ive been like this for over a year. Ive been diagnosed with depression, but my dad says to stop being such a woman. And mum either ignores or keep asking "why?" The thing is i dont know why, it seems like everything. I just feel like such a waste of space.
    sorry x

ReputationRep:
    Clearly something is wrong and you need to speak to someone I know how you feel if u need someone to talk to just message me

ReputationRep:

I just wish I was the same optimistic 18 year old I used to be. My religion and my care about my family are the things that keep me going. I just want to be my old self again and get that social life I used to have. And not be constantly miserable.
    Try to remember that during the darkest hours of your life, that is where the real growth happens. :console:

Chin up, life is a roller coaster full of ups and downs but in the end...we're all gonna make it brah! :wink2:

I really know the feeling, I can only wish you the best

ReputationRep:
    I'm so sorry that your parents are ******* unsupportive. Do you have close friends you can talk to? Are you taking meds? Have you been to therapy?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ODES_PDES)
    feel free to pm. Theres gotta be an answer.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: April 14, 2016
Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.