Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Welcome Squad
    So I'm currently applying for Student Finance and am about to submit my application (I haven't yet provided the documentation regarding the household income)
    However before I submit the application, it mentions that I will receive a maintenance loan of £5,530? Is this the non-means assessed student loan?

Additionally, it mentions that for the higher amount, I can receive up to £5,372 yet I'm quite confused. On my Student Finance application, I mentioned that I wanted to move out for university (although haven't yet provided my term time address because I'm not entirely sure as of now). I'm living in London however I haven't yet provided any documentation regarding my household income. Additionally, on the Student Finance calculator, based on a rough estimate of my household income, it mentions that I could receive £10,702.

I'm really confused though, does this mean I can ONLY receive up to £5,372 regardless of my household income? Help me
    Attached Images

• Very Important Poster
    • PS Reviewer
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    PS Reviewer
    Clearing and Applications Advisor
    (Original post by Feraligatr)
    So I'm currently applying for Student Finance and am about to submit my application (I haven't yet provided the documentation regarding the household income)
    However before I submit the application, it mentions that I will receive a maintenance loan of £5,530? Is this the non-means assessed student loan?

Additionally, it mentions that for the higher amount, I can receive up to £5,372 yet I'm quite confused. On my Student Finance application, I mentioned that I wanted to move out for university (although haven't yet provided my term time address because I'm not entirely sure as of now). I'm living in London however I haven't yet provided any documentation regarding my household income. Additionally, on the Student Finance calculator, based on a rough estimate of my household income, it mentions that I could receive £10,702.

I'm really confused though, does this mean I can ONLY receive up to £5,372 regardless of my household income? Help me
    The two loans are in addition. Once your household income is assessed you'll know the exact full amounts. In the meantime the amounts shown are just to reassure you that you'll get somethings.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
    Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.