The Student Room Group

open relationships

Thoughts? I want one but my boyfriend isnt keen

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Anonymous
Thoughts? I want one but my boyfriend isnt keen

I do not blame him.
I would rather be single and sleep around
I would leave if I had a gf and she even suggested it.
Find a new boyfriend that is open to the idea
I don't agree with open relationships. I don't blame your boyfriend for you not wanting to be in one either, wouldn't be surprised if he left you.
Reply 5
Polyamorous relationships are awesome :smile:
I'm totally against it - one person is more than enough for me

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 7
Don't see the point in them myself, but if you want one and your bf doesn't then simple: leave him. You'll be doing him a favour.
Reply 8
Are the future imo. :wink:
If you love a flower, don’t pick it up. Because if you pick it up it dies and it ceases to be what you love. So if you love a flower, let it be. Love is not about possession. Love is about appreciation.”

This cannot be applied to you. You do not truly like him because you are just stringing a guy out. If he wants a proper relationship, and you don't. Let it Be. I have done this to girls. To the point of tears. I am not proud of this. Not cool, just savage. Just say you want to sleep around with respectable people. Stay young get laid
I wouldn't have one, personally.
Original post by Abolant
Polyamorous relationships are awesome :smile:

Is that your back in the picture? :gasp: :drool: #nohomo
Reply 12
Original post by XxKingSniprxX
Is that your back in the picture? :gasp: :drool: #nohomo

Yes brah, that's why I support polyamorous relationships, I think every girl 16+ should have a chance with me and my awesome body.
Degenerate. Weakens the value of the people and the relationship. If you're so needy for attention find a clingy boyfriend.
I'm not keen on them myself, but I can understand (to an extent) why someone might want one. However, I think they very very very rarely work and the only time they possibly do is when both parties have come to the conclusion that they would like an open relationship without being prompted by the other - the fact your boyfriend isn't keen on the idea shows that it will be a disaster if it does happen.

A similar thing happened to my friend, his girlfriend wanted an open relationship and he did it because he thought it might 'save' the relationship. Needless to say it ended in tears and would have been a lot less painful if one of them had had the guts to admit that the reason she had wanted an open relationship was because theirs on its own wasn't satisfying or good enough. If your contemplating an open relationship then you need to have a long hard look at the relationship your in - why isn't it good enough on it's own? In a really great relationship you won't want anyone else.
No girl ever wakes up and says "my man isn't getting enough vagina, we should be in an open relationship so he can fulfil his needs" obviously he's lacking in some respect so you might as well keep it moving
OP, ignore the hateful comments in here. Monogamy isn't for everyone.

Open relationships can work, but they can only work if both parties want one. The fact that your boyfriend doesn't suggests that you're on different wavelengths in the relationship. In that case, it would be best to leave him and find a partner who also wants an open relationship. Otherwise you'll just end up hurting your boyfriend, as you both want different things from the relationship. If he wants monogamy and you don't, it's unfair to stay with him.
I'd break up with you for even suggesting it.
everyone saying mean things and that I'm disrespectful don't really get it. My boyfriend has a low sex drive- in the year we've been together we've only had sex about 15 times even though we see eachother most days, I love him but he can't completely satisfy me
Reply 19
Original post by Anonymous
everyone saying mean things and that I'm disrespectful don't really get it. My boyfriend has a low sex drive- in the year we've been together we've only had sex about 15 times even though we see eachother most days, I love him but he can't completely satisfy me

Ignore those people, they've probably never been in a relationship or even had sex so can't give advice.

For me sex is really important and I just can't see a single female being enough and I don't want to fall for someone who is rubbish in bed. If I was in your position I would offer the polyamorous/open relationship but I doubt he will accept, so just get rid of him. You shouldn't have to suffer through a lack of sex because of him.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending