Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I'm going to Falmouth hopefully, but i'm slightly worried I wont get my grade requirements of BCC, does anyone there now know how strict they are with grades? Or just in general?

Thanks
    • Section Leader
    • Very Important Poster
    • Peer Support Volunteers

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    Very Important Poster
    Peer Support Volunteers
    (Original post by Henry.J)
    I'm going to Falmouth hopefully, but i'm slightly worried I wont get my grade requirements of BCC, does anyone there now know how strict they are with grades? Or just in general?

Thanks
    It depends what everyone else gets on results day.

ReputationRep:
    hey same, im quite worried, i wish previous falmouth students would reply to this question because 'it depends on what everyone else gets' just scares me more ((( Henry.J

ReputationRep:
    never even heard of it m9, you should be fine whatever you get..

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sofiaaclara)
    hey same, im quite worried, i wish previous falmouth students would reply to this question because 'it depends on what everyone else gets' just scares me more ((( Henry.J
    I passed my IB and got an offer at Falmouth. My IB grades equate to ~392 points according to UCAS.

There are many factors to take into consideration, so your score alone wont be the only determinante.

1) Time of application.
    2) Portfolio, if applicable (important one).
    3) Other peoples grades.
    4) Competition for the course, and number of applicants.

I've yet to decide my final Uni choice, but im leaning towards Falmouth.

ReputationRep:
    Yeah it will depend on the amount of applicants i'm afraid. If you're going for a course that's in high demand you're a lot less likely to get in unless it's portfolio based and they really loved you. I know a lot of people who applied for my course just got flat out rejected even 10 points down. Good luck though!! I'm sure you'll all do great x

ReputationRep:
    Ellpaigee hey what was your course that you study?
    and also probably not the best thing to tell kids that 'others got rejected 10 points down' who are stressed about their results haha cause now i'm scared af

Poll
“Yanny” or “Laurel”

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.