Last night Watch

This discussion is closed.
Homegrownkitten
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 14 years ago
I was staying at my bf's last night (stop that now...) and I couldnt sleep. It is really awkward not being able to sleep at somebaody elses house because you cant go downstairs and watch TV or raid the fridge lol
Anyway, to try to lull my self to sleep I tried to name a carniverous animal which begins with every letter of the alphabet. I cant remember it much (despite not feeling it, I was actually half asleep) but I dont think I could think of every letter. Then I did mammals and birds and insects (actually, thinking about it, I probably dreamt that last bit lol). What do you guys do in this situation? Think of animals or think 'sod it' and raid the fridge
tis_me_lord
Badges: 14
Report 14 years ago
I just think about not thinking, until i don't think enough to sleep.
Saf!
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
go to mummy's room and sleep with her! ...........:cool:
neha p
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by Homegrownkitten)
I was staying at my bf's last night (stop that now...) and I couldnt sleep. It is really awkward not being able to sleep at somebaody elses house because you cant go downstairs and watch TV or raid the fridge lol
Anyway, to try to lull my self to sleep I tried to name a carniverous animal which begins with every letter of the alphabet. I cant remember it much (despite not feeling it, I was actually half asleep) but I dont think I could think of every letter. Then I did mammals and birds and insects (actually, thinking about it, I probably dreamt that last bit lol). What do you guys do in this situation? Think of animals or think 'sod it' and raid the fridge
oh god,i no exactly how you felt...poor you!
i try to keep my eyes open for as long as possible, and in the end they close by themselves. i also try to clear my head completely. i find that thinking about things just makes me all the more alert. so did you get any sleep?
tis_me_lord
Report 14 years ago
Oh and i wont feel sorry for you until you get this everynight of your life, like i do.
Saf!
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by tis_me_lord)
Oh and i wont feel sorry for you until you get this everynight of your life, like i do.
like me.......i don't whats wrong with me.....even if i'm really tired i can't fall asleep for at least a couple of hours
tis_me_lord
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by Saf!)
like me.......i don't whats wrong with me.....even if i'm really tired i can't fall asleep for at least a couple of hours
Well i know what's wrong with me, sort of.
Homegrownkitten
Rep:
?
(Original post by neha p)
oh god,i no exactly how you felt...poor you!
i try to keep my eyes open for as long as possible, and in the end they close by themselves. i also try to clear my head completely. i find that thinking about things just makes me all the more alert. so did you get any sleep?
Well, I woke up this morning so I assume so lol
Saf!
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by tis_me_lord)
Well i know what's wrong with me, sort of.
and whats that
Aeris
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Yeah I've been in that sort of situation before. I try thinking about all of the great things that happened earlier in the day or planning what to do tomorrow. If that doesn't work, I'm sure no one minds you having a drink like a warm glass of milk from their fridge
eleenia
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
The worst thing about staying at someone elses house is when you need the loo in the middle of the night and have to debate whether to flush the loo or not.
Acaila
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
That is really annoying!

I usually choose to flush though.
F. Poste
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by eleenia)
The worst thing about staying at someone elses house is when you need the loo in the middle of the night and have to debate whether to flush the loo or not.
I hate that too! But ten seconds of noise is far superior than a night's nervousness that someone will come along and know that you don't flush
John Paul Jones
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
i hate it when you can't stop going to the toilet
eleenia
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by Acaila)
That is really annoying!

I usually choose to flush though.
Me too - it's better to wake everyone up, then for everyone to think you're a flush-dodging gypo.
The other thing is when you wake up and no one else is awake, you have to lie they're really thirsty until someone stirs.
If i'm staying in the same room as someone i usually throw stuff at them until they wake up and then pretend i'm asleep and "wake-up" about a minute after them.
Jeeesh I should write a 'staying over' survival guide for you all x
Acaila
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
I remember at a sleepover I was awake and nobody else was yet, so I started texting my boyfriend. Later on my friend said he thought he was woken up by someone pressing the buttons on a gameboy, but decided he must have been dreaming it .
eleenia
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by Acaila)
I remember at a sleepover I was awake and nobody else was yet, so I started texting my boyfriend. Later on my friend said he thought he was woken up by someone pressing the buttons on a gameboy, but decided he must have been dreaming it .
OOOH! I got another one - you're staying at someone's house and they have no lock on the bathroom door. AND the door's to far away from the loo too shove your feet against it. You just KNOW someone's gonna barge in and catch ya with your kecks around your ankles.

My top tip:
Wedge a load of towels by the door. That way if anyone opens the door, it'll snag on the towels and it won't open far x
Homegrownkitten
Rep:
?
OOOH! I got another one - you're staying at someone's house and they have no lock on the bathroom door. AND the door's to far away from the loo too shove your feet against it. You just KNOW someone's gonna barge in and catch ya with your kecks around your ankles.

My top tip:
Wedge a load of towels by the door. That way if anyone opens the door, it'll snag on the towels and it won't open far x
Oh, I know what you mean. At my bf's house you can only go for a number 2 in the downstairs loo (dodgy wastepipe upstairs or something) and it is right off the livingroom (seperated by the toilet door and livingroom door). Can you imagine them hearing me. When they go I can hear them :eek: but they dont seem too bothered (you get the smell too :eek: :eek: ). It is even worse at the mo as they have just fitted a new oil boiler and the only place it can go is the downstairs loo. Because of this they have had to take the door off and are going to get a folding door, but havnt actually got a door yet. Well Im already funny about where I do number 2s... but this is taking the biscuit lol
bean4ian
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago

too true! if its a close mate though u can usually guess if its a good idea, like if i stay at my best mates i know i can flush away....

once when i was really younf about 7ish (and i was it wasnt like last week or anything) i stayed at a mates and did a poo in the night but i was really emabarressed and i didnt want to flush the loo cos i thought everyone would know i'd just done a poo! so thinking no one would know if i just left kit....so i did! how stupid a kid was i?! then in the morning the scary dad started booming all round the house "WHO DID THIS?!" i was so scared i kept quiet and hoped that the blame was shifted on to one of my mates younger brothers!

but the experinece has haunted me forvever and taught me me the valuable lesson, 'where ever possible. flush!'
Homegrownkitten
Rep:
?
(Original post by bean4ian)
too true! if its a close mate though u can usually guess if its a good idea, like if i stay at my best mates i know i can flush away....

once when i was really younf about 7ish (and i was it wasnt like last week or anything) i stayed at a mates and did a poo in the night but i was really emabarressed and i didnt want to flush the loo cos i thought everyone would know i'd just done a poo! so thinking no one would know if i just left kit....so i did! how stupid a kid was i?! then in the morning the scary dad started booming all round the house "WHO DID THIS?!" i was so scared i kept quiet and hoped that the blame was shifted on to one of my mates younger brothers!

but the experinece has haunted me forvever and taught me me the valuable lesson, 'where ever possible. flush!'
Me and my mate were at another friends house once, her family were really posh. My mate (no, not me) did a poo in the toilet which was so long it wouldnt flush (the actual toilet pan was longer than average to start off with). It was so funny, all three of us in the bathroom giggling over this giant poo, trying to flush it down. It went down after about 10 flushes. (Btw, we were about 10 at the time)
X
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How did your AQA A-level Biology Paper 3 go?

Loved the paper - Feeling positive (301)
15.14%
The paper was reasonable (1099)
55.28%
Not feeling great about that exam... (432)
21.73%
It was TERRIBLE (156)
7.85%

Watched Threads