Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ruthiepoothie)
    ALWAYS carry tissues on you at ALL TIMES- especially when using a public toilet....then you never have to worry
    Definitely. Whenever I go out I always take a few sheets in my bag. If I forget I grab some from one of the first pubs/bars I go into because pub and club toilets always run out by about 10:00pm. Another tip - if you are caught in club toilets when there's bound to be no paper left go in the cubicle with the broken door - people are put off using this toilet (because of the broken door), and so the roll in that cubicle usually lasts a lot longer than the others, there will almost definitely be some left.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Amb1)
    Definitely. Whenever I go out I always take a few sheets in my bag. If I forget I grab some from one of the first pubs/bars I go into because pub and club toilets always run out by about 10:00pm. Another tip - if you are caught in club toilets when there's bound to be no paper left go in the cubicle with the broken door - people are put off using this toilet (because of the broken door), and so the roll in that cubicle usually lasts a lot longer than the others.
    ok- a question:

what do you do if you need a poo and you are out in the toilets of a posh hotel but it is very quiet and there are lots of other people waiting to go to the toilet and they will hear anything you do??? :eek:
    do you stay in there and wait for them all to leave, do you do it anyway without a care in the world, do you use Amb1's trick of lining the toliet with loo roll or do you panick and come back later- but spend a very uncomfortable evening holding it in???
    :confused:
    advice- cos i was in this situation a few weeks ago and i opted for the last option....and had a tummy ache for the rest of the night

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ruthiepoothie)
    ok- a question:

what do you do if you need a poo and you are out in the toilets of a posh hotel but it is very quiet and there are lots of other people waiting to go to the toilet and they will hear anything you do??? :eek:
    do you stay in there and wait for them all to leave, do you do it anyway without a care in the world, do you use Amb1's trick of lining the toliet with loo roll or do you panick and come back later- but spend a very uncomfortable evening holding it in???
    :confused:
    advice- cos i was in this situation a few weeks ago and i opted for the last option....and had a tummy ache for the rest of the night
    Maybe grab a mate to go in the toilets with you and wash their hands. Make sure you get the to use the hand dryer for a minute or two while you're in the cubicle. And use the lining technique for extra soundproofing.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Amb1)
    Maybe grab a mate to go in the toilets with you and wash their hands. Make sure you get the to use the hand dryer for a minute or two while you're in the cubicle. And use the lining technique for extra soundproofing.
    Whenever Im in a public loo and feeling a bit gassy Im always greatful when someone puts the hand drier on. Even the tiniest squeak is amplified in the bowl of a loo lol

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Homegrownkitten)
    Whenever Im in a public loo and feeling a bit gassy Im always greatful when someone puts the hand drier on. Even the tiniest squeak is amplified in the bowl of a loo lol
    i'm so glad its not just me who feels like this- i thought i was the only one its not very ladylike talking about these things

ReputationRep:
    If you're on your own it does feel like everyone's listening when you're in public toilets but the thing to remember is that they're all thinking the same thing and they're probably concentrating so hard on keeping themselves quiet they won't even notice your noises. Another thing to do is leave your dignity at the door and pick it up on your way out. If you do make an embarrassing noise think of the positives...
    1. it's more comfortable and healthier out than in
    2. think of the relief of the other people in the loo that it wasn't them who made the noise.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Amb1)
    If you're on your own it does feel like everyone's listening when you're in public toilets but the thing to remember is that they're all thinking the same thing and they're probably concentrating so hard on keeping themselves quiet they won't even notice your noises. Another thing to do is leave your dignity at the door and pick it up on your way out. If you do make an embarrassing noise think of the positives...
    2. think of the relief of the other people in the loo that it wasn't them who made the noise.
    LMAO
    That is very good advice :cool:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by eleenia)
    The worst thing about staying at someone elses house is when you need the loo in the middle of the night and have to debate whether to flush the loo or not.
    oh hell yeah! My mum doesn't let us use the loo after she's gone to bed, but at my other half's house he gets up at 2 and flushes it... it makes me feel all panicky when i need the loo as i feel bad about flushing so late!!

yes. this is a big issue to me lol

ReputationRep:
    I would play games, pintch thier leg, and go back to sleep " drive them crazy"

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Amb1)
    My adivice would be to time a loud cough the moment you drop the kids of at the pool.
    Also, run a tap if you can.
    Does anyone know what the scientific explanaiton is behind the relationship between going to the loo and reading?

ReputationRep:
    My adivice would be to time a loud cough the moment you drop the kids of at the pool.
    Also, run a tap if you can.
    Does anyone know what the scientific explanaiton is behind the relationship between going to the loo and reading?
    lol...i cant believe how technical all this is! but i completely agree. i recommend the hand drier as well as oughing. bad luck if it's a biggy and lands with a PLOP!!
    this poo thinhg always happens to me. it's really embarassing, esp if there isn't anyone you can ask to cover for your noises!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by neha p)
    lol...i cant believe how technical all this is! but i completely agree. i recommend the hand drier as well as oughing. bad luck if it's a biggy and lands with a PLOP!!
    this poo thinhg always happens to me. it's really embarassing, esp if there isn't anyone you can ask to cover for your noises!
    to stop your Richard III from making a PLOP when it hit's the pan, see back to that poster's note about stuffing loo paper down first...
    CAUTION: go easy on how much loo roll you stuff down there because remember your gonna need some for later... to much loo roll and you'll block the lav. NOW THAT WOULD BE EMBARASSING.

ReputationRep:
    to stop your Richard III from making a PLOP when it hit's the pan, see back to that poster's note about stuffing loo paper down first...
    CAUTION: go easy on how much loo roll you stuff down there because remember your gonna need some for later... to much loo roll and you'll block the lav. NOW THAT WOULD BE EMBARASSING.
    lmao

Poll
Who is most responsible for your success at university
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.