Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    She said she doesn't like him because he's too sarcastic but she's happy that I'm happy with him..

I don't know what to do because we don't see each other as much as we used to as it is and with her never knowing her days off work in advance it's making it hard for us to meet up as I can't just bring him along even though he'd be happy to and has done things with me and other friends with no problems..

This is hard for me as my best friend is unhappy that we don't really get to hang out much anymore (due to her job) and I feel like this might be causing us to become even further apart..

It hurts me though as she said that I should break up with him (she was 'joking' but it's still not a nice thing to say..) and she said that I've changed because of him but I literally feel like I can be myself around him I'm not going to choose between them as I am really happy with him and she is my best friend but I don't know what I'm supposed to do.. She also bought up the fact that we were all hanging out with my other friend (not her) by saying "since when do you hang out with (name) again?" And because she said this I'm thinking she might be jealous but she wouldn't be happy if I were to bring that up so I didn't..

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LillyLisaa)
    She said she doesn't like him because he's too sarcastic but she's happy that I'm happy with him..

I don't know what to do because we don't see each other as much as we used to as it is and with her never knowing her days off work in advance it's making it hard for us to meet up as I can't just bring him along even though he'd be happy to and has done things with me and other friends with no problems..

This is hard for me as my best friend is unhappy that we don't really get to hang out much anymore (due to her job) and I feel like this might be causing us to become even further apart..

It hurts me though as she said that I should break up with him (she was 'joking' but it's still not a nice thing to say..) and she said that I've changed because of him but I literally feel like I can be myself around him I'm not going to choose between them as I am really happy with him and she is my best friend but I don't know what I'm supposed to do.. She also bought up the fact that we were all hanging out with my other friend (not her) by saying "since when do you hang out with (name) again?" And because she said this I'm thinking she might be jealous but she wouldn't be happy if I were to bring that up so I didn't..
    It's completely up to you. You need to decide who is more important to you; your bestie or your boyfriend. Strictly speaking the percentage of couples that breakup being high, I'd suggest you take into account your best friend. Best friends stick around for longer than partners do :yep:

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: April 14, 2016
Poll
Favourite type of bread

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.