Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I'm not looking to put anyone off this University, I am just looking to share my opinion. I joined Napier because they boasted of a cheap course (compared to other UK universities) and their MSc computer security courses are GCHQ certified. Sounds good, right? That's what I thought.

Unfortunately, much of the material is old and out dated. The lecturers haven't actually worked in industry and will argue the toss about things when you know you are 100% correct. People are complaining about the course and we (students) simply get ignored.

I began to look at other posts on this forum about Napier and I found a post here saying that Napier had a reputation for being very disorganised and sadly, for the most part, it has been true. Study guides for exams aren't released on time, exam results took around 6 weeks to get back, we've had a few people leave and a few more want to leave. It's all quite disheartening. My BSc wasn't like this at all (was done at a different university).

Is this the same with many of Napier's courses? Or is the computing just a bad egg?

ReputationRep:
    I'm an undergraduate (just finished 3rd year) at Napier and I have to say it was not the most enjoyable year. I was a direct entry from college so I was really excited to start on bigger projects. Throughout the year we were given very little actual tutor support in many of the modules which I felt definitely impacted on my results and my motivation. Don't get me wrong there were some modules which were great and I scored really high on but there is no constancy between them all. I felt as though some lecturers let their own personal opinion of a project effect a grade rather than actual technical skill and the over all quality of work. I'm still not sure if I would recommend someone to study here, I guess I'll have to see what fourth year brings! Fingers crossed!

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.