MA Scriptwriting and moving to the UK

University Navigation

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Hi!

I currently hold an unconditional offer to study MA Scriptwriting at Bournemouth University, starting September 2016. I am so excited! Anyone else joining me on this course (or on other media masters)? I would love to meet other future BU students.

And does anyone have any advice on moving to the UK? I am trying to be as prepared as possible. I am from the Netherlands and have been to the UK several times, but never for longer than a few weeks. I would say my English is pretty good, but it definitely has room for improvement. I guess I am sometimes still a bit anxious about my move, so any advice would be more than welcome.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lieke094)
    Hi!

I currently hold an unconditional offer to study MA Scriptwriting at Bournemouth University, starting September 2016. I am so excited! Anyone else joining me on this course (or on other media masters)? I would love to meet other future BU students.

And does anyone have any advice on moving to the UK? I am trying to be as prepared as possible. I am from the Netherlands and have been to the UK several times, but never for longer than a few weeks. I would say my English is pretty good, but it definitely has room for improvement. I guess I am sometimes still a bit anxious about my move, so any advice would be more than welcome.
    Hi Lieke,

My name is Steve and I'm a final year student at BU studying Business Studies. I'm also a Student Ambassador for the University here on The Student Room.

Firstly, congratulations on your offer! I would say that it's really important to be confident and not worry about your English! In England there's generally an attitude that your English is better than our ability to speak another language, so we're mostly very accepting and you'll probably find lots of people who are interested in your background!

There are lots of societies and social events set up by the University to make you feel at home right away. This year the University put on a free event at the Bournemouth International Centre for International students where you could meet other International students but also some of the local figureheads like the Chief of Dorset police. The event has been running for a few years, so I would definitely try and go to it when you arrive!

I hope that is helpful and if you have any other questions please let me know!

Steve Moss

ReputationRep:
    Hi!

I am glad to hear from someone who will as well be at MA Film Production. I am joining directing. And I am also foreigner from Czech Republic, so I kind of feel the same way (but am really freaking out of my English language abilities). I am arriving on 24th September and am just looking for some accommodation. Where do you stay? How you met any other MA Film Production students?

I am glad to hear from you!

Michaela Rihova

Write a reply… Reply
Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. Oops, you need to agree to our Ts&Cs to register
  2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: September 19, 2016
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Today on TSR
Poll
Would you prefer to be told about sex by your:
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.