Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hello,

I am thinking to fim City Uni (Cass Business School). What do you think about the school? Is it comparable with Lse or Ucl? Does it has any prestige?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by leftchr)
    Hello,

I am thinking to fim City Uni (Cass Business School). What do you think about the school? Is it comparable with Lse or Ucl? Does it has any prestige?
    I am going to firm Cass Business School as well, I've got an offer for Banking and International Finance what do you have an offer for?
    From my research, top banking/financial institutions prefer Oxbridge,lse and ucl are they are target universities.
    Cass is a semi-target university alongside manchester,bristol,imperial etc so you will have good employment opportunities just not with top institutions(e.g. Goldman Sachs).
    However, I dont think it has that much prestige but it is respected by employers as a top university and is treated differently than city university London.

ReputationRep:
    currently a 2nd year IFRM student, it's a tier below the LSE/UCL/Warwick types..

the guy above is pretty much spot on

although all firms are open, so i disagree with the gs comment as i know a few students currently interning with gs, ms, jpm, baml and the likes from my course, and having had interviews & internships with some of these firms myself

(Original post by AlexRogers)
    x
    (Original post by leftchr)
    x
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    (Original post by AlexRogers)
    I am going to firm Cass Business School as well, I've got an offer for Banking and International Finance what do you have an offer for?
    From my research, top banking/financial institutions prefer Oxbridge,lse and ucl are they are target universities.
    Cass is a semi-target university alongside manchester,bristol,imperial etc so you will have good employment opportunities just not with top institutions(e.g. Goldman Sachs).
    However, I dont think it has that much prestige but it is respected by employers as a top university and is treated differently than city university London.
    Lol @ Imperial being a semi-target. It's a full blown target alongside Oxford, Cambridge, LSE, Warwick and UCL.

Cass is also perfectly respectable, it's imo, one of the better semi targets along with Notts/Bristol/Durham.

Posted from TSR Mobile

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.