The Student Room Group
Ulster University
Ulster University
Visit website

Nursing 2016

Hey all, I recently just got an offer to do adult nursing in ulster and I decided to start this thread so I could meet people who might be starting this course in September also :smile:

Scroll to see replies

Hi iv been offered a conditional place for Magee for adult nursing. Which area of nursing have you been accepted for?
Ulster University
Ulster University
Visit website
Original post by Sskeath728
Hey all, I recently just got an offer to do adult nursing in ulster and I decided to start this thread so I could meet people who might be starting this course in September also :smile:

Hey, congrats on your offer. I have one for adult nursing as well. So happy when I got it :smile:

Have you applied to Queens as well or anywhere else?
Reply 3
Thanks 😀 And congrats to you as well 🤗 And yeah I have but I haven't heard anything back yet. Have you applied to queens or whereslse did you apply??
Reply 4
Original post by Rockgirl2016
Hi iv been offered a conditional place for Magee for adult nursing. Which area of nursing have you been accepted for?

Congrats and yeah I have also got a place for adult nursing :smile: have you applied anywhere else?
Thanks 😀 And congrats to you as well 🤗 And yeah I have but I haven't heard anything back yet. Have you applied to queens or whereslse did you apply??

Yup just queens as well. Queens is first choice just because of location but i'll be just as happy going to Magee just means il have to move. Be glad when 5th May comes and we know either way :smile:
Reply 6
Original post by mssmuppet
Yup just queens as well. Queens is first choice just because of location but i'll be just as happy going to Magee just means il have to move. Be glad when 5th May comes and we know either way :smile:

Aww I hope you get in then and yeah all this waiting is driving me insane 🤓 So what branch if nursing are you thinking of going in to?
Yes applied for queens also. Had my mmis ages ago but Magee if first choice but again just down to location and because I have kids. So pleased to get on thought providing I pass exams 🙈. Congrats 😊
Aww I hope you get in then and yeah all this waiting is driving me insane 🤓 So what branch if nursing are you thinking of going in to?

Adult branch. I did apply for children's too at queens. What's ur first choice?

What u think of the mmi's?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 9
Yes applied for queens also. Had my mmis ages ago but Magee if first choice but again just down to location and because I have kids. So pleased to get on thought providing I pass exams 🙈. Congrats 😊

I'm sure you will pass :smile: don't be worrying and I really hope you get the university you want 🤓 What did you think of the mmis??
Reply 10
Adult branch. I did apply for children's too at queens. What's ur first choice?

What u think of the mmi's?

Posted from TSR Mobile

I don't know yet I guess I have to wait and see at least until queens get back to me but me careers teacher told me that queens are usually very late with the offers and often don't give them out until the day of the deadline 🙄 And I thought they went ok. I mean I really enjoyed myself and I thought it was a far better way than having a 2-1 interview :smile: what did you think of the mmis?
I'm sure you will pass :smile: don't be worrying and I really hope you get the university you want 🤓 What did you think of the mmis??

Yes I think they were a good idea altho some of the scenarios I don't feel went aswell as they could have. Only when I was on way home thinking I thought to myself I should of said this. But it was definitely good experience.
Reply 12
Yes I think they were a good idea altho some of the scenarios I don't feel went aswell as they could have. Only when I was on way home thinking I thought to myself I should of said this. But it was definitely good experience.

Yeah I felt the same :smile: overall I think it took a bit of the pressure off and yeah some of the questions I kind of messed up 🙄 But hopefully we both will hear back soon and be successful
I don't know yet I guess I have to wait and see at least until queens get back to me but me careers teacher told me that queens are usually very late with the offers and often don't give them out until the day of the deadline 🙄 And I thought they went ok. I mean I really enjoyed myself and I thought it was a far better way than having a 2-1 interview :smile: what did you think of the mmis?

I wasn't very happy with how mine went. A few went really well, a few went horribly and i'm not sure about the ones in between lol. Kept thinking of what I should have said or done on the way home just like Rockgirl2016.

Not much I can do now so will just wait and see :smile:
Reply 14
I wasn't very happy with how mine went. A few went really well, a few went horribly and i'm not sure about the ones in between lol. Kept thinking of what I should have said or done on the way home just like Rockgirl2016.

Not much I can do now so will just wait and see :smile:

As long as you did your best the thats the main thing 🤓 And hopefully we will all hear back soon!!
Hey,

Got an offer for Magee too. Congrats to everyone. Just waiting on queens now but either would do me. Anyone started to look at accommodation yet?
Reply 16
Original post by josephucw
Hey,

Got an offer for Magee too. Congrats to everyone. Just waiting on queens now but either would do me. Anyone started to look at accommodation yet?

Hey that's great, congrats to you 🤓 And yeah I'm still waiting on queens also. I haven't really looked at accommodation, have you?
Hopefully we get some good news on the 5th! I've looked a little online, the halls seem nice as do the houses in the area. Will see what happens in a few weeks and take it from there :smile:
Original post by josephucw
Hey,

I had a look at halls for magee. Actually costs more than I was expecting.... Don't know what I was thinking lol. Bursary would basically be gone on rent :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 19
I had a look at halls for magee. Actually costs more than I was expecting.... Don't know what I was thinking lol. Bursary would basically be gone on rent :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Oh wow really?!? Is the accomdation good maybe it will be worth the money 😂

Quick Reply

Latest