The Student Room Group
Ulster University
Ulster University
Visit website

Nursing 2016

Scroll to see replies

I had a look at the halls they are quite expensive, would probably be more practical doing a house share. How did everyone find their interviews btw. I found mines to be very relaxed and they gave me plenty of time to speak and ask questions. Not sure how the MMIs went for me, not a whole lot of nursing related scernaios bar the five minutes they gave me to talk about my personal statement.
Ulster University
Ulster University
Visit website
Original post by josephucw
I had a look at the halls they are quite expensive, would probably be more practical doing a house share. How did everyone find their interviews btw. I found mines to be very relaxed and they gave me plenty of time to speak and ask questions. Not sure how the MMIs went for me, not a whole lot of nursing related scernaios bar the five minutes they gave me to talk about my personal statement.

Don't know if I'd want to live with people I don't know in a house though. Had previous bad experiences lol.

I was a nervous wreck at my interview but they were both lovely and like u said gave plenty of time to speak and ask questions. Had a chat after interview and they seemed genuinely interested in what I was saying, which was nice.

MMI'S were a bit 50/50. Some went great, some horrible and some in between so I doubt iv done well enough but we'll see.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Try to remember the MMI'S are looking at different parts of your personality. Although you may feel they did not specifically link to nursing, the scenarios did! It's looking at how, for example, you can deal with a challenging situation, or having to confront someone, or manage something etc. All of those type if situations need skills which you will use in nursing.
So don't be too downhearted if you think you didn't do well. That's why there are multiple stations rather than just one interview, so you do have that opportunity to rectify where you feel you may have done badly.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Hey, well done everybody! I also have a conditional offer for nursing at Magee, & I'm also waiting on Queens! Not too long now though! Good luck!!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 24
Original post by deviant182
Try to remember the MMI'S are looking at different parts of your personality. Although you may feel they did not specifically link to nursing, the scenarios did! It's looking at how, for example, you can deal with a challenging situation, or having to confront someone, or manage something etc. All of those type if situations need skills which you will use in nursing.
So don't be too downhearted if you think you didn't do well. That's why there are multiple stations rather than just one interview, so you do have that opportunity to rectify where you feel you may have done badly.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Wow that is definitely what I needed to hear :smile: are you already a nursing student if you don't mind me asking?
Reply 25
Original post by ciaralouise97
Hey, well done everybody! I also have a conditional offer for nursing at Magee, & I'm also waiting on Queens! Not too long now though! Good luck!!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Well done! πŸ€— And yeah just little over a week now 😁 What branch of nursing have you applied for ?
Original post by Sskeath728
Well done! πŸ€— And yeah just little over a week now 😁 What branch of nursing have you applied for ?

Aw thanks! Adult, you?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 27
Aw thanks! Adult, you?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Same :wink: i really would love to do something in A&E have you considered what area you want to go into??
Same :wink: i really would love to do something in A&E have you considered what area you want to go into??

Nope I haven't really thought about it, depends on what area I enjoy best when I start! :-)

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 29
Nope I haven't really thought about it, depends on what area I enjoy best when I start! :-)

Posted from TSR Mobile

True :wink: I really hope we get placement in different areas that way you really will be able to pick that right area for yourself. I know over in England they let you try different areas like A&E or theater so you can find a place which is a perfect fit for you πŸ€“ I'm praying that ulster and queens will be the same 😜
True :wink: I really hope we get placement in different areas that way you really will be able to pick that right area for yourself. I know over in England they let you try different areas like A&E or theater so you can find a place which is a perfect fit for you πŸ€“ I'm praying that ulster and queens will be the same 😜

Yea I think they are, so excited! Just need the grades now! 😰😰

Posted from TSR Mobile

All nursing courses are like this so you can develop different skills and learn about the different aspects of nursing care within your field.
If you get an offer, Queens have an open day that gives you a lot more information as well as the ability to talk to existing students.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Is there a group chat or anything for Magee?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Is there a group chat or anything for Magee?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Do you mean on Facebook or something like that? I havnt checked to be honest so I'm not sure. It's very quiet on tsr at the moment, all just waiting to hear from qub I'm guessing.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by mssmuppet
Do you mean on Facebook or something like that? I havnt checked to be honest so I'm not sure. It's very quiet on tsr at the moment, all just waiting to hear from qub I'm guessing.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Awck best of luck!! Let me know how you get on☺️

Posted from TSR Mobile
Hiya I've applied for adult nursing in Magee in September :smile: did anyone get their offers from queens? :smile:
Original post by Monicablack
Hiya I've applied for adult nursing in Magee in September :smile: did anyone get their offers from queens? :smile:

Yes I got offered February intake for Queens so I'm going to accept it. How about u?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Yes got adult nursing for Queens. Much handier for me since I live in belfast :smile:
That's great 😊 no I never got any offers for queens so I'll only have my one choice for Magee. Are any of yous doing access courses?
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by Monicablack
That's great 😊 no I never got any offers for queens so I'll only have my one choice for Magee. Are any of yous doing access courses?

Ahh brilliant, at least u have an offer. Quite a few from my class have nothing. I'm doing the access course - science route. Only 2 weeks left now, can't wait.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply