Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

I feel really pathetic right now, my "mates"at college all left because I was acting so distant and rude towards them ( unknown to them this was because of mental health) I've pushed everyone else away because I don't want them to see me like this and start asking questions. Now I feel worse and really alone.

I have exams to revise for but I have no motivation because of depression. I've had this for a while, but this year I have no one for support or to study with. I'm just stuck doing nothing and procrastinating. How do I get out of this phase? I really don't want to fail this year Any advice?

ReputationRep:
    You should talk to support services/counselors if you feel that's necessary. Also, your mates might have felt that you were deliberately pushing them away, so just apologize and explain that you're going through a rough time, and ask for their support. Sometimes even the best of friends can feel unwanted in certain situations.

Not being able to motivate yourself for exams is tough. I can never do it no matter what. Try to think of the benefits of doing well. If there's some goal you can only achieve by doing well, focus on that!

ReputationRep:
    Use your family; they will understand that your mental health is affecting your relationships between you and them but they wont let you push them away because they're your family.
    Talk to your family, get them to help you with studying (testing you on topics) and if you have any friends that you can speak to about your mental health, then just explain it to them- I guarantee they will have no idea and your true friends will be sympathetic.
    If your depression is affecting your student and your social life significantly then you need to speak to a doctor.
    1 trick I would try, is to think of 1 thing you have to be positive about, even if you feel negative about everything else. Try this every time you feel low and focus all your energy on it!
    Hope you feel better soon, don't give up

Posted from TSR Mobile

(Original post by Anonymous)
    I feel really pathetic right now, my "mates"at college all left because I was acting so distant and rude towards them ( unknown to them this was because of mental health) I've pushed everyone else away because I don't want them to see me like this and start asking questions. Now I feel worse and really alone.

I have exams to revise for but I have no motivation because of depression. I've had this for a while, but this year I have no one for support or to study with. I'm just stuck doing nothing and procrastinating. How do I get out of this phase? I really don't want to fail this year Any advice?
    I did this too... Just try to find the most positive and spontaneous people who'll help you and then you can feel much better.(Who do your subjects ideally)

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: April 14, 2016
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.