Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I am about to make my firm choice between Birmingham and Bristol for law. Which is better in terms of reputation (both domestic and international) and career prospects, as well as general quality?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Winstonsboss)
    I am about to make my firm choice between Birmingham and Bristol for law. Which is better in terms of reputation (both domestic and international) and career prospects, as well as general quality?
    Bristol for all of your criteria. lovely city as well

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Winstonsboss)
    I would go for Bristol, but Birmingham is equally reputable. The difference in the quality and reputation is minimal.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TSRFT8)
    Its crazy how people still put Birmingham on a pedestal for Law. Birmingham is probably the worst RG uni for law along with Liverpool. In terms of employablity ask any chamber/firm in the Midlands and they will tell you they would take Warwick and Nottingham over Bham any day.
    I was always under the impression that Birmingham was pretty reputable, albeit not as good with the likes of Nottingham and Warwick.

ReputationRep:
    got to be bristol

ReputationRep:
    Those are the ones in the Midlands was the comparison that hard to understand? You can compare with LSE, Oxbridge, KCL, UCL, Sheffield and the answer will be the same. Infact apart from Liverpool, Birmingham does not compare to any others in England. So yes it does.

It WAS. However a few years ago it lowered its standards, people were accepted with BBC, BCC through clearing, LNAT was a pointless requirement people who got 10 were accepted this year. It basically ruined itself and as compared to universities i mentioned above it does not compare. It used to be compared to Sheffield, Nottingham, Bristol now those universities are a step ahead.
    Sheffield a step ahead? Don't make me laugh please...

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Those are the ones in the Midlands was the comparison that hard to understand? You can compare with LSE, Oxbridge, KCL, UCL, Sheffield and the answer will be the same. Infact apart from Liverpool, Birmingham does not compare to any others in England. So yes it does.

It WAS. However a few years ago it lowered its standards, people were accepted with BBC, BCC through clearing, LNAT was a pointless requirement people who got 10 were accepted this year. It basically ruined itself and as compared to universities i mentioned above it does not compare. It used to be compared to Sheffield, Nottingham, Bristol now those universities are a step ahead.
    Seriously no one would place sheffield in comparison with Oxbridge, LSE, and UCL. Its even dubious whether anyone would compare sheffield with nottingham or bristol.

ReputationRep:
    You definitely go to Birmingham.
    The certainty of people on this website never ceases to amaze me.

What about you though? Is it Sheffield?

ReputationRep:
    So i was right? No, i have LSE as my firm, Durham as back-up.
    No.

So, your firm and insurance have the same entry requirements. Interesting

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by *Stefan*)
    No.

So, your firm and insurance have the same entry requirements. Interesting
    hahaha. I also find it unlikely he firmed LSE, given he asked whether to bring a car to uni

ReputationRep:
    Wait, so me asking about bringing a car to uni = i am not going to LSE, i see.

Whats the problem in that?
    haha well Its not impossible but as I said It'd be a very surprising choice, given the limited use a car would have in central london.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by guest115)
    haha well Its not impossible but as I said It'd be a very surprising choice, given the limited use a car would have in central london.
    Why do you keep putting "haha" it wasnt a joke.. And well i have a car so why would i NOT use it? Im from Knightsbridge so i would much prefer driving back and forth then getting a tube and having to get someone to pick me up from the station.

Your logic is absurd and just weird.

ReputationRep:
    Wait, so me asking about bringing a car to uni = i am not going to LSE, i see.

Whats the problem in that?
    Sure sure...

ReputationRep:
    Bristol

ReputationRep:
    Deffo Bristol.
    Come hereeeeee

Feel free to ask me lengthy Qs in PM if you prefer.
    Also our library is way superior, didn't like Birmingham tbh.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.