Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I'm doing AQA IGCSE German and I have is a list of the topics we could be tested on (6) and some of the topics our teacher might make general conversation to us about (12)

I dont know what questions might come so I can't make a draft and I have to wing it...

In my opinion it is impossible to revise for the IGCSE German speaking exam

I've learnt general vocal and German surrounding the topics but I have no idea what else I should do

My exam lasts 9 minutes

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JustAnotherDude)
    I'm doing AQA IGCSE German and I have is a list of the topics we could be tested on (6) and some of the topics our teacher might make general conversation to us about (12)

I dont know what questions might come so I can't make a draft and I have to wing it...

In my opinion it is impossible to revise for the IGCSE German speaking exam

I've learnt general vocal and German surrounding the topics but I have no idea what else I should do

My exam lasts 9 minutes
    I think the biggest thing is making sure you are comfortable with all the vocab you are expected to know. Also, try and learn set phrases/sentences on the topics so that you are not having to make everything up on the spot.
    Something I was recommended to do when I did my speaking was to practice by talking to a pet in German. It sounds stupid but it can help to build your confidence if you are used to hearing yourself speaking the language and you can practice what you are going to say without feeling judged Another thing that worked well for me was watching videos on youtube of the topic - you are unlikely to be able to understand much but it is still useful!

Good luck!

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.