Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Sorry for a probably very stupid question, but I was under the impression that everyone applying with Student Finance Wales would be given the £5,100 tuition fee grant from the government, then could choose whether to take out a loan to cover the remaining £3,900. However, when I was completing the form, it asked me whether I would like to be assessed for the grant, which to me implies that I have to meet certain criteria. I couldn't find anything on Google, so could someone please confirm whether everyone will receive this or not? Thanks
    • Section Leader
    • Very Important Poster
    • Peer Support Volunteers
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    Very Important Poster
    Peer Support Volunteers
    Clearing and Applications Advisor
    (Original post by felecita)
    Sorry for a probably very stupid question, but I was under the impression that everyone applying with Student Finance Wales would be given the £5,100 tuition fee grant from the government, then could choose whether to take out a loan to cover the remaining £3,900. However, when I was completing the form, it asked me whether I would like to be assessed for the grant, which to me implies that I have to meet certain criteria. I couldn't find anything on Google, so could someone please confirm whether everyone will receive this or not? Thanks
    Are you sure it wasn't asking if you wanted the maintainance grant? The tution fee grant should be automatic

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by claireestelle)
    Are you sure it wasn't asking if you wanted the maintainance grant? The tution fee grant should be automatic
    I've attached the screenshot of where it says assess thanks for your response!

Attached Images

• Section Leader
    • Very Important Poster
    • Peer Support Volunteers
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    Very Important Poster
    Peer Support Volunteers
    Clearing and Applications Advisor
    I've attached the screenshot of where it says assess thanks for your response!

Oh yeah everyone gets the grant it's just their silly wording of it don't worry about it you ve done it correctly

ReputationRep:
    There are criteria, but it's solely based on where you choose to live iirc

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.