Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

World Endurance Championship Thread watch

Announcements
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    6 hours of silverstone is this weekend. feel free to post here anything relevant to WEC / lmp racing.

ReputationRep:
    WEC IS BACK!!!!!!! One of my favourite racing series (the others being Indycar, V8 Supercars (Aussie Touring cars), NHRA Drag Racing and the WeatherTech Sportscar Championship (IMSA))

I'm hoping Audi can find some pace they were lacking in testing and I'm hoping that it will be a 3 way fight for the championship between all manufacturers.

I'm disappointed that Porsche aren't racing in the GTE - PRO Class this year (except for LeMans) because I like Porsche as a GT Marque. Ferraris new car hasn't performed over in America so that will be interesting to watch and the Fords have been quick but unreliable in the two IMSA races this year (4 of them competing at LeMans).

LMP2 has some great drivers again and I'm looking forward to it.

The GTE - AM Class is looking busy and interesting. They should provide us with some great battles as always.

I do love GT racing. I remember at LeMans last year at one point in the race, the 4 GTE PRO leaders were separated by around 3-4 seconds at around 4 hours into the race. Incredible!

Are you gonna watch the ELMS race on Saturday?
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    (Original post by FireFreezer77)
    WEC IS BACK!!!!!!! One of my favourite racing series (the others being Indycar, V8 Supercars (Aussie Touring cars), NHRA Drag Racing and the WeatherTech Sportscar Championship (IMSA))

I'm hoping Audi can find some pace they were lacking in testing and I'm hoping that it will be a 3 way fight for the championship between all manufacturers.

I'm disappointed that Porsche aren't racing in the GTE - PRO Class this year (except for LeMans) because I like Porsche as a GT Marque. Ferraris new car hasn't performed over in America so that will be interesting to watch and the Fords have been quick but unreliable in the two IMSA races this year (4 of them competing at LeMans).

LMP2 has some great drivers again and I'm looking forward to it.

The GTE - AM Class is looking busy and interesting. They should provide us with some great battles as always.

I do love GT racing. I remember at LeMans last year at one point in the race, the 4 GTE PRO leaders were separated by around 3-4 seconds at around 4 hours into the race. Incredible!

Are you gonna watch the ELMS race on Saturday?
    Testing for audi really made me concerned, but they were faster than last year testing (and we know how they were in races last year). toyota was only half a second down on porsche so it should be fun.
    lmp2: I always lose track of who will win, it is that competititive.
    gte pro: I feel aston made a stupid move going for dunlop vs michelin but I guess it means that they can develop the tyre more. I want ferrari to do well but the 488 just looks rubbish atm in blancpain (gt3) & in the imsa races

gte am: curious to know why patrick dempsey isnt racing this year. also has long switched teams?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by quasa)
    Testing for audi really made me concerned, but they were faster than last year testing (and we know how they were in races last year). toyota was only half a second down on porsche so it should be fun.
    lmp2: I always lose track of who will win, it is that competititive.
    gte pro: I feel aston made a stupid move going for dunlop vs michelin but I guess it means that they can develop the tyre more. I want ferrari to do well but the 488 just looks rubbish atm in blancpain (gt3) & in the imsa races

gte am: curious to know why patrick dempsey isnt racing this year. also has long switched teams?
    Me too. I really want them to do well. The new car looks aggressive and awesome.
    Theyve improved then! Im hoping tht do well because last year was a disaster for them.
    Indeed it shoud be fun!!

Indeed it is. Its an awesome category now. The cars are awesome and theres some damn good drivers in it.

Me too. Plus theyve lost a car too so i dont know what theyre up to but we'll see if it works or not. Ferrari do look rubbish at the moment. I want Corvette to enter. Theyre really strong at the moment.

Dempsey is taking a break (thats what he said). Hes a Porsche factort driver and they all get shuffled around the different Porsche teams (there around 12 factory gt drivers).
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    http://www.motorsport.com/wec/news/e...t-audi-687275/
    Dang, can't believe leena's leaving the no.7 crew. She is probably my fav race engineer atm and is a bit of a shame for audi (also a shame she isnt going ferrari considering the domenicalli connection) but I guess bentley is probably closer to home.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by quasa)
    http://www.motorsport.com/wec/news/e...t-audi-687275/
    Dang, can't believe leena's leaving the no.7 crew. She is probably my fav race engineer atm and is a bit of a shame for audi (also a shame she isnt going ferrari considering the domenicalli connection) but I guess bentley is probably closer to home.
    NO!!! Shes really good!!! Damn
    Thats a blow for Audi!
    I thought Domenicalli was at Lambo now?
    Bently is owned by VW aswell so yeah that makes sense!
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    NO!!! Shes really good!!! Damn
    Thats a blow for Audi!
    I thought Domenicalli was at Lambo now?
    Bently is owned by VW aswell so yeah that makes sense!
    lambo is owned by audi (which is VW). but yeah, dom was in audi before lambo.

at least we still have eduardo freitas (no idea how to spell his surname so apologies).

ReputationRep:
    quasa
    Correct. He was indeed.

Yes thats a good thing. Ive no idea either tbh.

Practice 2 was closer. Audi and Toyota are in contention for the win but were 0.5 seconds behind Porsche.
    Its also snowing at Silverstone so the ELMS race later could be interesting.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    quasa
    Correct. He was indeed.

Yes thats a good thing. Ive no idea either tbh.

Practice 2 was closer. Audi and Toyota are in contention for the win but were 0.5 seconds behind Porsche.
    Its also snowing at Silverstone so the ELMS race later could be interesting.
    I live close(ish) to silverstone and its more like sleet rather than snow over here. but yeah, quali for WEC and the elms race should be fun (shame they dont broadcast quali and that mumbai vs gujrat is at the same time as the elms race)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by quasa)
    I live close(ish) to silverstone and its more like sleet rather than snow over here. but yeah, quali for WEC and the elms race should be fun (shame they dont broadcast quali and that mumbai vs gujrat is at the same time as the elms race)
    Ah right, i saw an article on Autosport saying that practice 3 was cancelled for snow.
    Indeed it will be.
    It would be nice to see qualifying.
    Ive no idea what that is tbh (im guessing a fight)?
    I wont be able to see the end of the ELMS which is a shame but ill probably record it.
    Looking forward to it.
    Also IMSA is on tonight fron Long Beach!
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    AUDI FRONT ROW LOCKOUT!
    http://www.motorsport.com/wec/news/s...nt-row-687668/
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Ah right, i saw an article on Autosport saying that practice 3 was cancelled for snow.
    Indeed it will be.
    It would be nice to see qualifying.
    Ive no idea what that is tbh (im guessing a fight)?
    I wont be able to see the end of the ELMS which is a shame but ill probably record it.
    Looking forward to it.
    Also IMSA is on tonight fron Long Beach!
    mumbai vs gujrat = ipl cricket

didnt realise long beach was today.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by quasa)
    mumbai vs gujrat = ipl cricket

didnt realise long beach was today.
    Ah ok, im not a cricket fan tbh.

Yup. Race Start 00:00am

AUDI!!!!!!!!!! Was not expecting that!!!!!!!

ReputationRep:
    http://www.europeanlemansseries.com/en/live

ELMS here if you want it!
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    http://www.europeanlemansseries.com/en/live

ELMS here if you want it!
    cheers dude

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by quasa)
    cheers dude
    No worries. Its been a good race so far!
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    yo @FireFreezer77 is there any onboards from any p1 cars this year or will i have to wait till the race?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by quasa)
    yo @FireFreezer77 is there any onboards from any p1 cars this year or will i have to wait till the race?
    Ive found a helmet cam from one of the Rebellions if you want that?
    But not sure tbh. Probably gonna have to wait for the race. Only 15 mins or so

ReputationRep:
    quasa Cars now on formation laps!
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    so far audi, prosche, audi, porsche, toyota, toyota, bykolles

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: April 23, 2016
Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?
Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered sport threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.