Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Strange marks appearing on BOTH breasts? Watch

ReputationRep:
    So around a week ago, i noticed a load of red veins appearing in a circular shape on my right breast, between my nipple and underarm. It turned into a tiny, pea sized red blob (not lump) but today it has two black dots in it, almost like a vampire bite (black dots are around 1cm apart). So i thought it was a dead milk duct or something but then i noticed the same spot (in the early stages) appearing on the left breast in the same place.

The rest of my breasts are fine (as in nipple and general circumference), but because i have it on both, im starting to worry....

ReputationRep:
    There won't be many doctors on the student room other than people training to be doctors!
    I would go to your local GP and get it checked out!
    (I know it's embarrassing)
    Hope you're okay

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • TSR Community Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Community Team
    (Original post by GreekTea)
    So around a week ago, i noticed a load of red veins appearing in a circular shape on my right breast, between my nipple and underarm. It turned into a tiny, pea sized red blob (not lump) but today it has two black dots in it, almost like a vampire bite (black dots are around 1cm apart). So i thought it was a dead milk duct or something but then i noticed the same spot (in the early stages) appearing on the left breast in the same place.

The rest of my breasts are fine (as in nipple and general circumference), but because i have it on both, im starting to worry....
    I would go to your GP to get it checked out if you're worries

Just as a thought, could it be your bra/underwear....? If it's in the same place on both sides it could be that something isn't fitting quite right?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Puddles the Monkey)
    I would go to your GP to get it checked out if you're worries

Just as a thought, could it be your bra/underwear....? If it's in the same place on both sides it could be that something isn't fitting quite right?
    I thought that at the beginning but its in the middle of nowhere on both breasts, nothing interfering with it, the veins are really prominent so i think it might be blood cell orientated.

ReputationRep:
    Ringworm.

Spoiler:
    Show
    Not

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Abolant)
    Ringworm.
    Spoiler:
    Show
    Not
    this was my first thought too

ReputationRep:
    gnat bites? or Bed bugs bites?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by musictutor)
    gnat bites? or Bed bugs bites?
    Not ever heard of these things...

ReputationRep:
    Go consult a doctor to give you a peace of mind.
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    (Original post by GreekTea)

Probably noting too serious, but go see your doc so they can find out what it is and treat it. Loads of stuff can happen around the breasts cos of all the glands and ducts and hormones involved.
    Sure it couldn't be anything externat causing it like your bra? No other symptoms other than the marks? Just have a think about any of that so you can mention it when you see the doc.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: April 18, 2016
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.