Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Edexcel Economics A, AS - Does Anyone Have a good Summary of Essay Structures? Watch

ReputationRep:
    Hi,

I was wondering if anyone has any good notes on essay structures for this course, as the course has been taught somewhat poorly at my sixth form college. I prefer detailed essay structures that I can memorise quickly in the exam, but all I have been given is vague outlines of what to mention in the essay.

As mentioned the course is Edexcel economics A, and this is for the AS exam.
    Thanks

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by the one wan)
    Hi,

I was wondering if anyone has any good notes on essay structures for this course, as the course has been taught somewhat poorly at my sixth form college. I prefer detailed essay structures that I can memorise quickly in the exam, but all I have been given is vague outlines of what to mention in the essay.

Thanks
    We learn this structure;

Define key word
    Diagram + Explanation

Point one (Knowledge, Application, Analysis)
    Evaluation one

Point two (Knowledge, Application, Analysis)
    Evaluate two

Point 3 (Knowledge, Application, Analysis)
    Evaluate three

Conclude (A different knowledge point, however it depends on... also influenced by ..... therefore....)

Hope this helps.

ReputationRep:
    The long answer question is not an essay. The structure above looks fine. You need to time yourself to see how many analysis/evaluations you can do under exam conditions. The development of the points will vary depending on the topic. For ideas on how to plan those questions you should look at mark schemes for the legacy papers.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by the one wan)
    Hi,

Thanks
    Watch pajholden's videos on YouTube to learn the course inside out.

Revise all the mark schemes and examiners reports to see what to include/how to structure an essay.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.