The Student Room Group

Would you ever choose a guy/girl over your family?

Let's say if you were faced with an ultimatum and had to choose between losing your family or losing your partner, who would you choose?

Scroll to see replies

Family over everything cuz family is the only thing that stays by your side no matter what happens to you.
I'd rather lose my partner...family is made up of more than one person and they've been by my side since birth..I'd rather be with them..
They would only be my partner if I consider them as family, so I can't really answer that.
Reply 4
Depends on your relationship with your family. Personally I would choose family over anything but I can understand why some people may choose partner if their family constantly ****ed them over
Reply 5
My partner obviously.
Reply 6
Original post by HuzaifahN
Family over everything cuz family is the only thing that stays by your side no matter what happens to you.

Well, if they force you to choose between them and your partner, they're not really on your side, are they?
As much as i have up's and down's with my family, I'd choose them over many situations
But if there was a point where all of them would hurt me very bad, and if I was in a stable supportive relationship w/ someone, I'd pick them. But I'd obviously forgive my family.
But mostly I'd go towards my family in most cases, as they are so supportive and amazing :smile:
(edited 7 years ago)
My partner is my family
Depends on who is being unreasonable, not who is my family, they both are.
Original post by teenhorrorstory
Let's say if you were faced with an ultimatum and had to choose between losing your family or losing your partner, who would you choose?

Depends on why the family is against my partner, racism?

If I had to choose I'd pretend to dump partner but meet on the sly

:awesome:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Josb
Well, if they force you to choose between them and your partner, they're not really on your side, are they?

Very valid point.
I can't think of a situation where I'd ever have to make that choice(thankfully), but I would choose my family. I love my family very deeply and could never choose a partner over them. My family have always been my rock and are the most important thing in the world to me. It'd be very difficult in a situation where my family refuse to accept my partner for bigoted reasons like race,religion however
Original post by Josb

Haha didn't think of it like that but then in my opinion everyones gunna end up betraying you one day besides your family and i did say that theyll be by your side no matter what happens to you..... Think of why I said it like this very carefully mate.
(edited 7 years ago)
If the ultimatum was given by one of the two options (ie partner or family are asking me to cut out the other), I'd abandon whichever it was that was making ridiculous demands of me.

If there was some outside force presenting some sort of strange alternative ultimatum, then it'd be a much more difficult choice.
'Blood is thicker than water'. :wink:
I'd rather choose my family
Partner/wife over family. Every time.
Original post by stefano865
'Blood is thicker than water'. :wink:

It's no thicker than ejaculatory fluids, though. What's your point? :tongue:
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by Josb
My partner obviously.

Why 'obviously'?

Quick Reply

Latest