The Student Room Group

Would you ever choose a guy/girl over your family?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by teenhorrorstory
Why 'obviously'?

You can't have sex with your family, and I can create a new one with my partner.
I think it'd be my little brother, one of my older brothers and my little cousins that would make this choice hard. :erm: Excluding them, I'd choose my partner without a doubt.

It would be a little harder in the case of the former, but if I thought I was in it with the person for the longhaul, I imagine I'd choose my partner. As has been mentioned, my partner would be my family. It's something I'd hope I'd never have to do, though.
(edited 8 years ago)
Depends on the context. If my parents didn't want me to have a relationship with a girl because skin colour/ religion/other irrational things, I'd choose the partner, but still attempt to keep relations with my family.

If it was the partner who was being irrational I'd choose my family.
Reply 23
I would always choose family over partner. My parents made me who I am.. No man would get in the way of that. If he made me choose, then he's not the one for me. Family comes first :tongue:

@Imperion what are your thoughts? :u:
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 24
Original post by teenhorrorstory
Let's say if you were faced with an ultimatum and had to choose between losing your family or losing your partner, who would you choose?

I'd choose my family every time. They'd always be more important to me.
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by ZuluK
I would always choose family over partner. My parents made me who I am.. No man would get in the way of that. If he made me choose, then he's not the one for me. Family comes first :tongue:

@Imperion what are your thoughts? :u:

And if your family made you choose? :holmes:
Reply 26
Original post by Hydeman
And if your family made you choose? :holmes:

My mum would never want the worst for me... So if my parents made me choose, I would choose them. No love like your mothers I say :h:

Wbu?
Depends who's in the right, but 99% family.
Original post by ZuluK
My mum would never want the worst for me... So if my parents made me choose, I would choose them. No love like your mothers I say :h:

To slightly paraphrase Jon Stewart: they say a lot of stupid ****.

Wbu?

Gave my answer on the first page:

Original post by Hydeman
Partner/wife over family. Every time.
Reply 29
Original post by Hydeman
To slightly paraphrase Jon Stewart: they say a lot of stupid ****.

Gave my answer on the first page:

Haha that they do but they will always look out for you. I mean, I know mine will. They want the best for me..

Ahhh okay. How come if you don't mind me asking? :h:
Original post by ZuluK
Haha that they do but they will always look out for you. I mean, I know mine will. They want the best for me..

No, no. I didn't mean your parents. xD I meant sayings in general, like the 'no love like mother's love' saying from your previous post. :tongue:

Ahhh okay. How come if you don't mind me asking? :h:

I don't have nice parents.
Reply 31
Original post by Hydeman
No, no. I didn't mean your parents. xD I meant sayings in general, like the 'no love like mother's love' saying from your previous post. :tongue:

I don't have nice parents.

Ohhh haha :lol:

Ah fair enough. I'm sorry. :frown: Siblings?
Original post by ZuluK
Ah fair enough. I'm sorry. :frown: Siblings?

Nicer, but can't stand them, either. :K:
I'd chose my partner.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Your wasting your time people

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 35
Partner.
Unless my partner was Cara Delevingne I would choose family
My partner. If my family are my family then they'll walk back into my life after a while. Family can't disappear like a single person can.

If I let my partner go then chances are I may never see them again.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 38
Original post by Hydeman
Nicer, but can't stand them, either. :K:

Awww damn... :frown: Well, ill be your elder sis who you also can't stand :h: :colondollar:
I think I would, mainly because I would object to my family trying to dictate how I live my life.

I've kind of been on the other side of this, a girl I was seeing was told that she had to move out of her parents house if she wanted to keep seeing me. She didn't, and I'm quite glad because I don't think I'd be able to cope with the pressure of it.

Quick Reply

Latest