How to structure Child Language Acquisition essay?

Watch
HotshotJacko
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
Eg. what do you talk about each paragraph?

For example in Language Change we've been taught to write an intro paragraph with GAPS (genre, audience, purpose, structure), then subsequent paragraphs for each letter of GLOSS (grammar, lexis, orthography, syntax, semantics). Is there a structure at all for Child Language Acquisition?
WaywardWriter
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
I want to know the answer to this too

Posted from TSR Mobile
The Empire Odyssey
  • Study Helper
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by HotshotJacko)

For Language Change we've been taught to write an intro paragraph with GAPS (genre, audience, placement, structure), then subsequent paragraphs for each letter of GLOSS (grammar, lexis, orthography, syntax, semantics). Is there a structure at all for Child Language Acquisition?
Which section are you on about?

Are you referring to the extract base one or the theory question?
Gingerbread101
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by HotshotJacko)

For example in Language Change we've been taught to write an intro paragraph with GAPS (genre, audience, purpose, structure), then subsequent paragraphs for each letter of GLOSS (grammar, lexis, orthography, syntax, semantics). Is there a structure at all for Child Language Acquisition?
The way I do CLA is to not limit myself to a specific structure - I annotate the text(s) and create categories that I can add my best points into. These can be anything from 'capitalisation' to 'gender issues' so don't have to cohere to a particular AO as the heading. I pick 3 or 4 of these as my paragraphs.

In my introduction, I talk about the context and age of the child, as well as what stage they would expected to be in, and why they are/aren't.

I try to link each of the 3 or 4 key paragraphs at the start of each one to have a more coherent essay, so make sure you take that into account with your planning.

I don't generally have a conclusion
(Original post by WaywardWriter)
x
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Regarding Ofqual's most recent update, do you think you will be given a fair grade this summer?

Yes (112)
28.07%
No (287)
71.93%

Watched Threads