Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hello!
    Can a first year at Bournemouth TVP course please tell me what the timetable is like? I'll be sorting out a transfer with my job, and was thinking of doing evenings, and maybe pick a few hours up in the day if my timetable allows it. I know a lot of the work is outside of contact hours, but I'd like to know the timetables hours if anyone has it. Thank you!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by theatreaf)
    Hello!
    Can a first year at Bournemouth TVP course please tell me what the timetable is like? I'll be sorting out a transfer with my job, and was thinking of doing evenings, and maybe pick a few hours up in the day if my timetable allows it. I know a lot of the work is outside of contact hours, but I'd like to know the timetables hours if anyone has it. Thank you!
    Hi Theatreaf,

I am in my second year at Bournemouth Uni studying BA Television Production.

In terms of timetable it changes every year but currently for first years it quite busy in the first term Sep-Jan.

Due to location shooting days and studio days and being split into different groups, the timetable doesn't always stay the same each week. Some weeks you'll be in every day, whereas others may have the Thursday and Friday off that week.

Every course has Wednesday afternoon off.

After this term between Feb - April the timetable reduces. Thursday and Friday are still often filming days.

April - end of term is then the quietest. This is because during this time there is a collaborative project which requires different courses to work together, so although it seems you are in less, that time is meant to be used to meet with your group.

I think you'll be fine to do a few evenings in the week. Once you have recieved your timetable it may be worth sitting with your job and working out which days are best.

Hope this helped,
    Gemma (student ambassador)

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.