Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hi, I chose to do law at Notthumbria and got an unconditional, but I don't know whether the one I've chosen is MLAW or MLAW (Exempting). I'm really confused because there was only one option to chose when applying for law, so I'm worried about which one I'm actually doing and whether it's something I get to choose later
    • Very Important Poster

Very Important Poster
    Ring them up and confirm or look at their website. If there are two degree I'd imagine one of them is more like a GDL they have made into an MA so youcan go to be a lawyer, whilst the other is more academic. Make sure you choose the correct one because I suspect the exempting one might fill up quickly.

ReputationRep:
    They only do MLaw (Exempting). By all means ring them up for peace of mind, but I am right.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by callum law)
    They only do MLaw (Exempting). By all means ring them up for peace of mind, but I am right.
    Thank you! I will ring up to check but I was confused as there are two options on the website, one is 3 years and one is 4. Do you know why?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MissT97)
    Thank you! I will ring up to check but I was confused as there are two options on the website, one is 3 years and one is 4. Do you know why?
    The MLaw is a 4 year degree which incorporates the material which would otherwise be in an LPC. The 3 year option allows candidates, who no longer which to be solicitors, to bail out after 3 years with an LLB.

The purpose behind this course is to secure funding for the fourth year for people who otherwise could not afford law school.
    • Very Important Poster

Very Important Poster
    (Original post by nulli tertius)
    The MLaw is a 4 year degree which incorporates the material which would otherwise be in an LPC. The 3 year option allows candidates, who no longer which to be solicitors, to bail out after 3 years with an LLB.

The purpose behind this course is to secure funding for the fourth year for people who otherwise could not afford law school.
    Interesting.

OP do the 4 year Mlaw Exempting. Bail at a later date if you dont wnat to pursue a legal career.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: April 16, 2016
Poll
Are you going to a festival?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.