Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    my period is currently 9 days late. my last period was march 8th-11th and i was four days late last month and a week early in feb. ive taken 4 preg tests, all of which are negative; the latest one I took was yesterday and the first one i took was when i was four days late. im sexually active but always use condoms and i understand that condoms are 99.9% effective. as far as me and my bf are aware, none of the condoms split/broke etc and as i have said, my preg tests have all been negative. in saying that, i have experienced pains in my breasts which i assumed was pms. please help

ReputationRep:
    Hormones could mean your period can be up to 2 months late, don't worry.

ReputationRep:
    ur pregnant
    • Section Leader
    • Very Important Poster
    • Peer Support Volunteers
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    Very Important Poster
    Peer Support Volunteers
    Clearing and Applications Advisor
    If all the tests have been negative then it could be a hormone imbalance or something see your gp if you are worried.

ReputationRep:
    I've once missed a period for 4 months (and i wasn't pregnant). If you are ultra worried, wait a week, and then go see your doctor, its better to catch it early if you had accidentally become pregnant, but if the tests are saying you are not then it might just be late and you are experiencing different hormones at the moment

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by claireestelle)
    If all the tests have been negative then it could be a hormone imbalance or something see your gp if you are worried.
    i know that gps dont really do preg tests. i called up today and they suggested the over the counter home tests, same with the sex clinic. what do i ask/say when calling up. thanks for the help.;
    • Section Leader
    • Very Important Poster
    • Peer Support Volunteers
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    Very Important Poster
    Peer Support Volunteers
    Clearing and Applications Advisor
    (Original post by mkla.p)
    i know that gps dont really do preg tests. i called up today and they suggested the over the counter home tests, same with the sex clinic. what do i ask/say when calling up. thanks for the help.;
    Say you're concerned you could have a hormonal problem as tests are coming back negative or just say you need an appointment you shouldnt have to give a reason to get a gp appointment.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by claireestelle)
    Say you're concerned you could have a hormonal problem as tests are coming back negative or just say you need an appointment you shouldnt have to give a reason to get a gp appointment.
    thank you very much.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: April 14, 2016
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.