Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Hate when teachers get stressed before exams, makes me feel depressed watch

ReputationRep:
    So, it's April, Summer Term, about 4 weeks left until exams, and all my teachers are getting anxious and stressed. I hate seeing them like this. Out of my two favourite teachers, one has been off work for nearly two months due to stress leave, and the other, who used to smile and joke with me every class and was always in a good mood, now barely cracks a smile and instead always looks worried and sort of...sad. I guess he's really nervous for his GCSE and A-level classes taking their exams. I feel sorry for them. I can barely cope with the stress of wanting myself to get good marks, never mind being constantly worried about 100 students all depending on me to get good grades. Seeing them like this makes me really sad, stressed, depressed as well. I want to go back to the happy, new Winter term where everything's just easy and new and so much nicer.
    I'm worried about my teacher having so much pressure on them. I could never do what they do; every year going through the anxiety they go through in praying their students get good marks. I just want to see them be happy again

ReputationRep:
    one of my teachers cried right before the exam because she thought we were going to fail
    Spoiler:
    Show
    She was right

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Orange s0da)
    one of my teachers cried right before the exam because she thought we were going to fail
    Spoiler:
    Show
    She was right
    Darn, I don't even know what to say to that.

ReputationRep:
    My teachers seem to be pretty calm, even under anxious, maybe because I am in top set for everything so they are more confident with us..? My teachers seem to actually care about us now, planning out how we can spend the next few weeks effectively, and only 1 of my teachers seems to not give a f*ck even though our coursework is less than a C (for an A* class).

Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.