The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by ChooseWisely
Hello everyone,I've been searching the whole of TSR and wanted to find out if I withdraw a choice now, am I able to gain another choice from UCAS Extra since I only have 4/5 choices?The course that I want to change to is different and is at a different university.

No, Extra is only if you have no offers at all, or you have rejected all your offers.

It's not a method to add an extra option to your existing choices.

https://www.ucas.com/undergraduate/after-you-apply/types-offer/extra-choices
Hello everyone,I've been searching the whole of TSR and wanted to find out if I withdraw a choice now, am I able to gain another choice from UCAS Extra since I only have 4/5 choices?The course that I want to change to is different and is at a different university.

Withdrawing an application doesn't free up a choice.

If you've only used 4 or less choices you can just apply to another course in the usual way, you don't need to go through Extra.

Extra is only is you have received 5 replies and are not holding any offers. More info here:

Original post by Admit-One
Withdrawing an application doesn't free up a choice.

If you've only used 4 or less choices you can just apply to another course in the usual way, you don't need to go through Extra.

Extra is only is you have received 5 replies and are not holding any offers. More info here:

So I can apply to a different course and uni now ( if I withdraw a choice) or is it way too late.
So I can apply to a different course and uni now ( if I withdraw a choice) or is it way too late.

I think I answered this above.

How many UCAS choices have you used?
I think I answered this above.

How many UCAS choices have you used?i

I've used up all 5
I've used up all 5

Okay, assuming it’s been more than 14 days since you submitted your application then you can’t apply during the main cycle anymore. Your options are as follows:

- Extra
- Adjustment
- Clearing
- Gap year and apply again for 2021

Have a look on the UCAS website for the circumstances you can use the first three, then decide on a plan. All three rely on the course you are after still being open to applications at the time.
Okay, assuming it’s been more than 14 days since you submitted your application then you can’t apply during the main cycle anymore. Your options are as follows:

- Extra
- Adjustment
- Clearing
- Gap year and apply again for 2021

Have a look on the UCAS website for the circumstances you can use the first three, then decide on a plan. All three rely on the course you are after still being open to applications at the time.

Thanks for the help! 😊
Reply 27
Did you ever get an answer to this? I'm in the same position now
Original post by bethsams

Just read the entire thread...
Original post by bethsams

To which Q? A lot came up in this thread!

Withdrawing a choice only withdraws that specific course, not all courses for the same uni. It doesn't give you a choice back however. (You can still swap choices within 14 days of receiving your Welcome email from UCAS).

Latest

Trending

Trending