Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I am applying for accommodation and my first choice is En-suite Campus, I have put En-suite Village as my second choice and just wondering; Is this a long walk from the campus? Are they any negatives to living in The Village compared to the main campus?
    • Very Important Poster
    • Study Helper
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    Study Helper
    Welcome Squad
    (Original post by Liannejames98)
    I am applying for accommodation and my first choice is En-suite Campus, I have put En-suite Village as my second choice and just wondering; Is this a long walk from the campus? Are they any negatives to living in The Village compared to the main campus?
    Depending on walking speed it's probably about 10 mins to central campus. I wouldn't say it's necessarily worse to be in the village, just different... The layout of the flats are different, slightly different style bathroom and kitchen... Parties do still happen in the village though, and a lot of people I know in the village say how they find it's a really great community there...!

(I personally prefer en-suite, mainly because of shorter walk, and I love being so close to the shop etc...!)

ReputationRep:
    Not at all, its literally just across the road from the entrance to campus near the sports park and maybe 5 minutes from there to the main square. Bedrooms and bathrooms are a bit smaller in the village, but other than that I can't see any real disadvantage.

ReputationRep:
    Thank you! Much appreciated
    •  Official Rep

ReputationRep:
     Official Rep
    Thank you! Much appreciated
    There's a really nice post from one of our bloggers, Anne-Sophie, here about the UEA Village accommodation:

https://annesophieatuea.wordpress.co...dation-at-uea/

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.