Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hiya, I'm trying to pick my firm and insurance unis

Nottingham, UEA and York are all offering me ABB

I'm probably going to put UEA down as my insurance but I'm stuck between Nottingham and York for my firm

Nottingham has a great course but I really didn't like the city
    But York has a great city but I was put off by the amount of science

The York degree is environmental geography and when I visited they said that there is a lot of maths and science, whilst you'll get this with all geography degrees it seems like the York course has loads more and it's intimidating me

I do biology at A2 and hate it and I did maths AS and to be honest, I didn't do that well so I'm not sure how well I'd cope

I was wondering if anyone does Environmental Geography to answer my questions
    - How much science/maths is there in the course?
    - How hard it is? (when I was there they said they build you up to it but I'm doubtful)
    - Is the course completely science based? + is it also mainly focused around ecology?
    - How much (if any) human geography is there?

Thanks and sorry for so many questions but I want to reply within the next few days and I'm so confused about which one to pick!!!

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.