The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
I did higher, thought it was easy tbh.
Reply 2
i thought the questions they asked were truly messed up and i reckon ive done horrendously bad on it :eek:
Reply 3
There were some good questions on it IMO however, a couple of the 2 mark questions were a bit obscure. The one on America with the black diagram but hey... IT'S OVER NOW! I hope I did ok - cause I want to do Geography at A level! I really like geography as it is my best subject! So roll on August 23rd!
Laura
Reply 4
sohanshah
i thought the questions they asked were truly messed up and i reckon ive done horrendously bad on it :eek:

Agreed, I did awful on it. I'll get a D probably :frown:
Reply 5
It was pretty easy (fingers cross i get a C !!! )
Reply 6
I didnt like it.
Reply 7
Good...so it's not only me! Some of the case studies were so limiting. The one about human impacts on natural hazard in MEDC(outside EU) was very limiting. I'm sure you could only do the Missisipi floods(the one case study I didn't do) Did anyone do anything else?
Reply 8
I did the higher paper, it was extremely hard, all I need is a C to get a B overall because in the DME Exam I got a A*. For the development case study, I did Malawi, made it all up, hardly knew anything.
Reply 9
aggar
Good...so it's not only me! Some of the case studies were so limiting. The one about human impacts on natural hazard in MEDC(outside EU) was very limiting. I'm sure you could only do the Missisipi floods(the one case study I didn't do) Did anyone do anything else?

I was away when we studied the Mississipi floods, I just wrote about something completely different. I agree with how limited it was, usually you have 2 or 3 choices. The other questions were just as bad :mad:
Reply 10
I thought the ecosystems question was pretty vague.

I think I did ok... not great though.
Reply 11
i ****ed that one up, lol! i think i passed it but i completely blanked on one of the questions (i think it was bout limestone) so i had to do ecosystems which we havent even studied but the questions seemed easy enough...
Reply 12
Laura2712
There were some good questions on it IMO however, a couple of the 2 mark questions were a bit obscure. The one on America with the black diagram but hey... IT'S OVER NOW! I hope I did ok - cause I want to do Geography at A level! I really like geography as it is my best subject! So roll on August 23rd!
Laura

hehe i totally agree ! :biggrin::biggrin: tht 2 marked question was a bit harsh and wat have u dun for part C i dun C7 :biggrin::biggrin: international immigration and i dun Yugoslavia to Germany reasons being war and job opportunities by the way i made up tht case study on top of ma headd :biggrin::biggrin: ma teacher came and checked it in da last min he was like wats this about ? i was like i dunno we neva dun international immigration so i made it up :biggrin::biggrin: i think i dun alright thoo
Reply 13
aggar

i did the kobe earthquake but then i realised humans didnt cause it :frown:
i just said a lot of buildings fell because they werent designed to withstand earthquakes
Reply 14
GG8
i did the kobe earthquake but then i realised humans didnt cause it :frown:
i just said a lot of buildings fell because they werent designed to withstand earthquakes

That's what I did, I just said the government couldn't cope with the scale of the disaster.
Reply 15
I was away when we studied the Mississipi floods, I just wrote about something completely different. I agree with how limited it was, usually you have 2 or 3 choices. The other questions were just as bad

I did hurricane Katrina.

The ecoysystem confused me a little too. I wrote a few pargraphs linking climate, soil and vegetation in the Amazon and I'm not really sure if that's what they wanted.

Oh the the photo showing tertiary industry! What did we come up with? I said taxi driving and advertisement lol.

I thought the one with America on the black was quite easy because you could talk about the rustbelt and sunbelt along each coastal area.

The sytems diagram question has been asked before and the wording seemed practically identical. - But apprently, the exam board have said the Welsh steel one is now out of date (no idea why as it's still hapening, lol) so I molded a footlose industry nearby to it.

Oh and I made a global warming diagram up out of my arse! Did anyone else notice they seemed to have more questions asking you to draw diagrams?
Reply 16
I really don't know how mine went...I didn't feel too confident with even choosing the case studies, never mind writing them.

Did anyone else do the question about LEDCs and development and stuff? I think i may have messed up the case study...I wrote about Comic Relief charity doing a small scale development project in Uganda, but I'm not sure that's what they were looking for...

I felt the whole paper was a bit odd tbh...but some of the e) qstns were almost identical to ones in the last three years...I had already written an asnwer to the C7 one about international migration in my mock, so hopefulyl would have scraped some marks there...
Reply 17
I did 1,3,4 and 7
1 i did River Tees as i didnt learn holderness coast therefore human impact was a bith.
3. Hurricane Katrina. Was alright.
4.erm yer Desert Ecosystem! I just linked like himan activity,veg,soil and climate together.
7.Poland - U.K!
Reply 18
brockham
I did 1,3,4 and 7
1 i did River Tees as i didnt learn holderness coast therefore human impact was a bith.
3. Hurricane Katrina. Was alright.
4.erm yer Desert Ecosystem! I just linked like himan activity,veg,soil and climate together.
7.Poland - U.K!

I did Poland - UK, at least I did one of the case studies correctly.
Reply 19
Is Romania to England, a proper case study for migration?, I made my case studies up, for the development project, I used Malawi.

Latest