Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

My crush's birthday is a month away, is this present too much? Watch

We have been friends for several months and are now quite close. But I haven't I told here how I feel yet. She invited me to her birthday and I wanted to get something other than a generic present. She's a huge comic nerd. After a bit of searching I managed to find a signed copy from the actor who plays her favourite character. Is it too much??

Any advice ? Thanks for the read

ReputationRep:
    Signed copy of what? and no, that's thoughtful! too much would be buying her a car or holiday

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    We have been friends for several months and are now quite close. But I haven't I told here how I feel yet. She invited me to her birthday and I wanted to get something other than a generic present. She's a huge comic nerd. After a bit of searching I managed to find a signed copy from the actor who plays her favourite character. Is it too much??

Thats sweet and thats a perfect gift like the poster above said it is a very thoughtful gift im sure she will be very happy with it.

ReputationRep:
    I think she'd be very happy with that as a present, you're already friends, I definitely don't think it's too much.
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Welcome Squad
    It's a good present. Don't worry.

Oh my.

Anon.

You don't need advice. Perfect gift.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    OMG, She'll love it. It's not "too much", DO IT.

(Original post by serah.exe)
    I'm a huge comic fan as well (comics so far = 227 and counting).
    Bruh if someone got me that as a present, I would love that person til death. :daydreaming:
    I've seen similar phrase before. It actually happened.. but the girl didn't like the guy anyway.

Maybe because it was just a drink.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Wait what do you mean by phrase?
    So did the girl like the present but not the guy? RIP. :emo:
    She said something along those lines.

"whoever will get me this drink, I'll love this person forever" but she didn't, even when someone actually brought her that drink.

I had fun.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    never too much tbh (if it's thoughtful and nice and something the other person wants -- I'm talking non creepy here)

she'll just be able to see how much you care about her and the effort that went into finding the comic etc etc

be aware buying people over is never really sustainable, but I think the thought behind the gift is enough to get her thinking mucho about you :hubba:

good luck!

These hoes ain't loyal.
    Imagine the expression the guy must have had.

Priceless.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:

that could be worth many many pounds in the future, is she worth that much?
    • TSR Support Team
    • Peer Support Volunteers

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Peer Support Volunteers
    This is really, really sweet

ReputationRep:

I do not think that is too much.
    It sounds nice.

ReputationRep:

it a good gift just is it less than £500
    if yes then go ahead
    if not then it's too much

(Original post by Darien91)
    Signed copy of what? and no, that's thoughtful! too much would be buying her a car or holiday
    Near mint 1st.ed Captain America #6 (2006) signed by Sebastian Stan. A car, haha. When I find the money tree.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: April 15, 2016
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brexit voters: Do you stand by your vote?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.