Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

How do i revise? watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Hello, so i have exams pretty soon and i have been revising but it doesn't seem to stay in my head for very long.
    What i need help with is how do i revise, such as how do i get the information form my revision books to stay in my head. What are the ways of doing this, please help .

Thanks
    • Section Leader
    • Very Important Poster
    • Peer Support Volunteers

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    Very Important Poster
    Peer Support Volunteers
    (Original post by Tyrese Doyle)
    Hello, so i have exams pretty soon and i have been revising but it doesn't seem to stay in my head for very long.
    What i need help with is how do i revise, such as how do i get the information form my revision books to stay in my head. What are the ways of doing this, please help .

Thanks
    Try making some flashcards

ReputationRep:
    Flashcards are helpful, but take it a step further. Use online flashcards that have a spaced repetition algorithm. Anki is my favourite software. It's free for online/pc, or £18.00 for the app. This saves you time as you're only learning the material when absolutely necessary (when you're about to forget).

Process the information deeply. Don't passively read the textbook. Make notes, see relationships/connections between he material, break it down into its constituent parts. Creating metaphors for the material connects it to things you're already familiar with, which aids memory.

Take the time to play around with the material.

Regards,
    Scott Harvey
    Founder at PeakPreparation and creator of the Didn't Study? It's Not Too Late method.

(Original post by Tyrese Doyle)

Thanks
    Perhaps try creating table with different topics and when you'll be revising them, e.g Monday, Tuesday. Etc

Posted from TSR Mobile

Poll
Do I go to The Streets tomorrow night?
Useful revision links

Articles

Writing revision notes

Our top revision articles

Tips and advice on making the most of your study time.

Boomarked book

Superpowered study

Take the hard work out of revising with our masterplan.

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Can you help? Study Help unanswered threadsStudy Help rules and posting guidelines

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.