Tyrese Doyle
Badges: 0
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
Hello, so i have exams pretty soon and i have been revising but it doesn't seem to stay in my head for very long.
What i need help with is how do i revise, such as how do i get the information form my revision books to stay in my head. What are the ways of doing this, please help .

Thanks

claireestelle
Badges: 22
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by Tyrese Doyle)
Hello, so i have exams pretty soon and i have been revising but it doesn't seem to stay in my head for very long.
What i need help with is how do i revise, such as how do i get the information form my revision books to stay in my head. What are the ways of doing this, please help .

Thanks
Try making some flashcards
Scott M Harvey
Badges: 5
Rep:
Report 5 years ago
Flashcards are helpful, but take it a step further. Use online flashcards that have a spaced repetition algorithm. Anki is my favourite software. It's free for online/pc, or £18.00 for the app. This saves you time as you're only learning the material when absolutely necessary (when you're about to forget).

Process the information deeply. Don't passively read the textbook. Make notes, see relationships/connections between he material, break it down into its constituent parts. Creating metaphors for the material connects it to things you're already familiar with, which aids memory.

Take the time to play around with the material.

Regards,
Scott Harvey
Founder at PeakPreparation and creator of the Didn't Study? It's Not Too Late method.
Badges: 16
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by Tyrese Doyle)

Thanks
Perhaps try creating table with different topics and when you'll be revising them, e.g Monday, Tuesday. Etc

Posted from TSR Mobile
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How would you describe the quality of the digital skills you're taught at school?

Excellent (28)
9.62%
Okay (86)
29.55%
A bit lacking (105)
36.08%
Not good at all (72)
24.74%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed