username2441671
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
My notes in class aren't very good so its hard to use them effectively. Bitesize contains a lot of unnecessary information and doesn't always have the stuff that I'm looking for. My exam board is Edexcel, I've looked around and can't seem to find any geography revision guides for GCSE.

If anyone could link me to some good revision videos or sources of revision I would greatly appreciate it. Thanks.
...or what
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
I bought the CGP revision guide and it helps me more than class notes->gets straight to the point & each page is dedicated to a concept/case study.
username2441671
Rep:
?
(Original post by ...or what)
I bought the CGP revision guide and it helps me more than class notes->gets straight to the point & each page is dedicated to a concept/case study.
Correct me if I'm wrong but isn't that just for AQA?
Xenice
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Hi BillyCockell,

Assuming you use resources in school (textbooks) - you might want to look at what the name of the book is and order them. Or ask your teacher if you could borrow it.
BTAnonymous
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Use Edexcels Geography specification because that'll help you to know what parts you need to know. For example, I am doing AQA and in a past paper, it asked to draw a location of a quarry we have studied but everyone didn't know (it was worth 4 marks!). Now I am revising, the specification actually says 'A case study of a quarry – its location,economic, social and environmentaladvantages and disadvantages' but no one was taught is so it's kind of the teacher's fault but you know...

Yu also need a revision guide for Geography.
Leviathan1741
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Hiya,

I found this website which might be useful for you. Also, CGP do generic GCSE Geography revision guides which can be helpful for all exam boards, so they might be useful even though they aren't specifically for Edexcel
username2441671
Rep:
?
(Original post by Leviathan1741)
Hiya,

I found this website which might be useful for you. Also, CGP do generic GCSE Geography revision guides which can be helpful for all exam boards, so they might be useful even though they aren't specifically for Edexcel
Thanks a lot, this site is great!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Sheffield Hallam University
    Get into Teaching in South Yorkshire Undergraduate
    Wed, 26 Feb '20
  • The University of Law
    Solicitor Series: Assessing Trainee Skills – LPC, GDL and MA Law - London Moorgate campus Postgraduate
    Wed, 26 Feb '20
  • University of East Anglia
    PGCE Open day Postgraduate
    Sat, 29 Feb '20

People at uni: do initiations (like heavy drinking) put you off joining sports societies?

Yes (476)
66.48%
No (240)
33.52%

Watched Threads