Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    So I’m deciding whether to apply for 2016 halls at Goldsmiths or Intercollegiate through University of London Accommodation Service.

What are the pros and cons of living in halls with students from UCL, LSE, Kings etc? Compared to just living with Goldsmiths students? Is the added student diversity more of a benefit than the extra commute time?

Is it better to be as central as possible, or closest to Goldsmiths campus?

Looking at the dedicated site for UoL Intercollegiate Halls I’m swaying toward that than Goldsmiths halls. Am I right?

ReputationRep:
    I'd like some help with this also! +Bump

ReputationRep:
    I'm also in the same sitch. I'm not too familiar with London or the uni campus just yet so I think it might be a good idea to stay at the student halls the first year, with other Goldsmiths students. However I'm open to intercollegiate halls as an option, maybe as a backup? Incase I can't get a room in Student halls, considering I live a couple of hours away from campus so not sure If I'll be eligible.

Do you have any halls in mind , that you might want to live in?

ReputationRep:
    I used to live right next to the Goldsmith halls, it's literally just a few blocks down my old house and Goldsmiths was also down the road. It's probably best to live in the Goldsmiths halls for a number of reasons. For one, you are familiar with the students you are getting to know. Another reason is that there are so much activities to do, Deptford and Brockley has one of the best art and multicultural scenes in London. The food is pretty cheap too and travel is also convenient. It's always buzzing with activity as there is something to do so you'll never get bored. If you want more info just PM me and I'll explain further. 😁

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dnkz7)
    I used to live right next to the Goldsmith halls, it's literally just a few blocks down my old house and Goldsmiths was also down the road. It's probably best to live in the Goldsmiths halls for a number of reasons. For one, you are familiar with the students you are getting to know. Another reason is that there are so much activities to do, Deptford and Brockley has one of the best art and multicultural scenes in London. The food is pretty cheap too and travel is also convenient. It's always buzzing with activity as there is something to do so you'll never get bored. If you want more info just PM me and I'll explain further. 😁
    What about as a mature student? I'm 28 so are Goldsmith's halls really suitable? I'm going to check the accom soon but it can't hurt to get an inside perspective.

Thanks

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LVRG)
    What about as a mature student? I'm 28 so are Goldsmith's halls really suitable? I'm going to check the accom soon but it can't hurt to get an inside perspective.

Thanks
    Even as a mature student, you'll get along with may people. The street where I used to live around the New Cross area, I've seen many mature students get along well with the first-years. It's like a big community, and like I said previously there is a lot to do around the area. You'll never feel bored and with the huge diversity in the community I think you'll fit in just fine.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.