Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    With exams round the corner, Im really srruggling to find the right way to revise for Chemisty. Im aiming for an A/B grade but Im not going to be able to achieve this unless I start revising now.

ReputationRep:
    Do you feel confident in your exam boards content? Also what exam board are you taking exams with this year?

ReputationRep:
    Hi 10Jam01

I would say, along with class notes, use your revision guide to summaries your notes into small bite size chunks (flash cards, mind maps etc.) Posters are good for visual subjects such as organic synthesis which you can put on your bedroom wall.

Exam question practice is very important, so print out all the past papers you can get your hands on and practice. Check out some of these revision websites. There is my own Science Skool (check my signature), Chem guide (which is awesome and so complete) as well as many others!

Best of luck with your revision

Alex

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by alfmeister)
    Do you feel confident in your exam boards content? Also what exam board are you taking exams with this year?
    Im doing AQA Chemistry, and to be honest, Im not feeling very confident because I havent been able to find the right method to revising.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ajsullivan)
    Hi 10Jam01

I would say, along with class notes, use your revision guide to summaries your notes into small bite size chunks (flash cards, mind maps etc.) Posters are good for visual subjects such as organic synthesis which you can put on your bedroom wall.

Exam question practice is very important, so print out all the past papers you can get your hands on and practice. Check out some of these revision websites. There is my own Science Skool (check my signature), Chem guide (which is awesome and so complete) as well as many others!

Alex
    Thank you very much for the advice.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ajsullivan)
    Hi 10Jam01

Alex
    for past papers do you do them as a test of go through the marking scheme while doing the paper

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by djmans)
    for past papers do you do them as a test of go through the marking scheme while doing the paper
    I usually go through the marking scheme after I complete most of the questions. I dont usually time mysef

ReputationRep:
    Hi djmans

I suggest to my own students to do the test in test conditions. Then mark your answers using the markscheme and correct all wrong answers in a different colour pens in as much detail as you can. You can then redo the paper at a later date and see if you are making the same mistakes, working on the questions you seem to keep getting incorrect.

I would NOT just do the paper using the markscheme because this will give you a false confidence that you know the answers (everyone finds the exams easy with the answers in front of you!)

Hope that helps

Alex

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.