ellie123ellie
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
Hi guys!

Is anyone else studying John Donne for poetry? What core poems have you selected? Also what context have you studied? Was hoping we could share ideas!
And would anyone want to share exemplar essays/peer mark each others?
TSR Jessica
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Sorry you've not had any responses about this. Are you sure you've posted in the right place? Here's a link to our subject forum which should help get you more responses if you post there.

You can also find the Exam Thread list for A-levels here and GCSE here. :dumbells:

Just quoting in Puddles the Monkey so she can move the thread if needed
Spoiler:
Show
(Original post by Puddles the Monkey)
x
rhianemily
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Hey I'm doing John Donne too!! I've chosen as my core poems: 'A Valediction: Forbidding Mourning', 'Since She Whom I Loved', 'The Sun Rising', 'The Good Morrow, 'The Relic', 'Hymn to God My God in My Sickness', 'To His Mistress Going To Bed'.
In terms of contexts, Donne's religious insecurities and his apostasy are definitely important to include as well as the general Age of Discovery in which he lived, as he makes many references to the geographical and scientific advances of the time.
Feel free to send me anything! I've literally just made an account, looking for Donne resources so not really sure how stuff works- can you message me??? ))
Jjj998
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Hiya- I'm also doing Donne, how many Donne poems do we have to include in the essay? Thanks
magical_unicorn
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Jjj998)
Hiya- I'm also doing Donne, how many Donne poems do we have to include in the essay? Thanks
its usually at least three different poems for the 45 mark question
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Current uni students - are you thinking of dropping out of university?

Yes, I'm seriously considering dropping out (95)
13.87%
I'm not sure (32)
4.67%
No, I'm going to stick it out for now (214)
31.24%
I have already dropped out (16)
2.34%
I'm not a current university student (328)
47.88%

Watched Threads