Turn on thread page Beta

Funding for a second degree watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Hi everyone,

I have studied a foundation degree with a foundation year (similar to an access course), the foundation degree also included a placement year. In total I had 4 years worth of student finance for this.

I graduated four years ago and have used the foundation degree to start a career in the marketing industry. I have been looking at alternative career options and am considering a change of career.

I know that there are a list of exempt subjects for which students can receive tuition fee loans/grants etc. for as a second degree. These subjects all lead to a professional qualification although I cannot find a list anywhere.

The degree I am looking at is a BSc (Hons) Architecture, I am aware there are a number of years post BSc before becoming qualified. Is there anyone who has gone down this route and received funding for the BSc and postgraduate courses needed beyond this.

A list of eligible degrees for the 2nd degree would also be really useful to see.

Thank you for your help.
    • Section Leader
    • Very Important Poster
    • Peer Support Volunteers

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    Very Important Poster
    Peer Support Volunteers
    (Original post by 2nddegreehelp)
    Hi everyone,

I have studied a foundation degree with a foundation year (similar to an access course), the foundation degree also included a placement year. In total I had 4 years worth of student finance for this.

I graduated four years ago and have used the foundation degree to start a career in the marketing industry. I have been looking at alternative career options and am considering a change of career.

I know that there are a list of exempt subjects for which students can receive tuition fee loans/grants etc. for as a second degree. These subjects all lead to a professional qualification although I cannot find a list anywhere.

The degree I am looking at is a BSc (Hons) Architecture, I am aware there are a number of years post BSc before becoming qualified. Is there anyone who has gone down this route and received funding for the BSc and postgraduate courses needed beyond this.

A list of eligible degrees for the 2nd degree would also be really useful to see.

Thank you for your help.
    I believe architecture is on the second degree list currently all the others are NHS degrees, however the government may be offering funding for certain stem degrees in the future.

ReputationRep:
    Hi Claire,

Thank you for your reply, do you know what subjects the government is considering to be stem degrees?
    • Section Leader
    • Very Important Poster
    • Peer Support Volunteers

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    Very Important Poster
    Peer Support Volunteers
    (Original post by 2nddegreehelp)
    Hi Claire,

Thank you for your reply, do you know what subjects the government is considering to be stem degrees?
    I'm afraid i dont believe they've released a specific list yet.

Poll
Do you think parents should charge rent?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.