Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Anyone else excited for the Ratchet and Clank film and game? watch

ReputationRep:
    For me the Ratchet and Clank franchise holds a special place in my heart. I spent many happy days and nights as a kid playing the games to death on the PS2 as well as on the PS3. Locked and Loaded was one of the first games I got on my PS2 and I remember being so fond and excited by the game.

I'm really excited for the game since all the reviews I've been looking at have been incredibly positive and the game itself looks gorgeous. For £27 you really cannot go wrong at all. Unfortunately for me the game is coming out right before my exams so I'll be waiting to play the game at the end of May. I know for sure I will enjoy my summer trying to platinum the game. Also, the film looks really good and the inner child in me is awfully excited to see Ratchet and co debut on the big screen.

ReputationRep:
    The game looks good and isn't even a full price release, so I'll be looking into that, as it's had consistently positive reviews. As for the film I'll wait until reviews come in. I'm stunned by how little hype there is for Ratchet and Clank, I didn't even know they were releasing a new game/film until I saw the trailer whilst watching Zootropolis.

ReputationRep:
    Maybe if this was 2003.

ReputationRep:
    Movie's gonna be crap. Game might be okay.

ReputationRep:
    So now that my exams are over I've had the chance to play Ratchet and Clank and wow, it's such a fun game. I've only played the first 1.5 hours tonight and it still has the charm and fun factor from the original game. Definitely worth buying if you own a PS4 considering its roughly £25.

Unfortunately the film has got really bad reviews, apparently they've reused the cut scenes from the game and put it into the film. Sony have made a loss on the film-I'm surprised at their lack of advertising in the run up to the film. I don't think I saw any trailers/posters around promoting the game/film. Such a shame the film is a flop, at least the game is tremendous.

ReputationRep:
    I've seen the movie on the first day it was out. The whole cinema atrium only got 5 people (Me and 2 friends went together, leaving only 2 others).
    Even I consider myself as a hardcore RC fan, I didn't enjoy it at all!
    Game is great, as always!
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    (Original post by The.Joker)
    So now that my exams are over I've had the chance to play Ratchet and Clank and wow, it's such a fun game. I've only played the first 1.5 hours tonight and it still has the charm and fun factor from the original game. Definitely worth buying if you own a PS4 considering its roughly £25.

Unfortunately the film has got really bad reviews, apparently they've reused the cut scenes from the game and put it into the film. Sony have made a loss on the film-I'm surprised at their lack of advertising in the run up to the film. I don't think I saw any trailers/posters around promoting the game/film. Such a shame the film is a flop, at least the game is tremendous.
    Would've bought the game immediately on release if it weren't PS4 only. Loved the original and also had gladiator (though I beat that in 2 days gg). Was expecting the film to be rubbish really with the current trend of films.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Vikingninja)
    Would've bought the game immediately on release if it weren't PS4 only. Loved the original and also had gladiator (though I beat that in 2 days gg). Was expecting the film to be rubbish really with the current trend of films.
    Haha, plan to do RC trilogy again on PS3 some time in near future. Have to admit that RC2 spaceship ring race gave me a hard time when I played on Vita version. The platinum bolt and skill point were like pain in the ass. But had fun with it.
    • Political Ambassador
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    Welcome Squad
    I used to play Ratchet and Clank many years ago on the PS2, and I loved it!
    So yes, I'm excited about the movie/game. :yep:

ReputationRep:
    Gutted about the poor reviews for R+C the movie, but the game is on my list along with Uncharted 4, Sherlock Holmes and Batman Arkham Stories.

ReputationRep:
    And yes, been a big fan of R+C from the very beginning, when Tools of Destruction ended. Well, that was something.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by The.Joker)
    For me the Ratchet and Clank franchise holds a special place in my heart. I spent many happy days and nights as a kid playing the games to death on the PS2 as well as on the PS3. Locked and Loaded was one of the first games I got on my PS2 and I remember being so fond and excited by the game.

I'm really excited for the game since all the reviews I've been looking at have been incredibly positive and the game itself looks gorgeous. For £27 you really cannot go wrong at all. Unfortunately for me the game is coming out right before my exams so I'll be waiting to play the game at the end of May. I know for sure I will enjoy my summer trying to platinum the game. Also, the film looks really good and the inner child in me is awfully excited to see Ratchet and co debut on the big screen.
    I really adore the R&C games on PS3 although playing Nexus now feels like a bit of a climb down after CiT.
    The reviews were average for the film and I think that's due to them not using the same writer as the games.
    I'm going to play the game first as it did use the writer from previous games and then watch the film anyway because I love R&C enough to enjoy it.

Haven't bought it yet though.

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?
Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered gaming threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.