Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

How likely is it that I will be able to change courses at Manchester and Leeds? Watch

ReputationRep:
    Hello there!

I have applied and received offers from both Manchester and Leeds to study Ancient History. My offers are currently AAB. I have recently decided that I would like to switch my course to Law.. Does anyone know how likely this would be? Or, if this would even be a possibility? I know law requires AAA, but presuming I got the grades, would I be able to switch once I got there?

ANY advice/help would be so appreciated!

Thank you!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by In97)
    Hello there!

I have applied and received offers from both Manchester and Leeds to study Ancient History. My offers are currently AAB. I have recently decided that I would like to switch my course to Law.. Does anyone know how likely this would be? Or, if this would even be a possibility? I know law requires AAA, but presuming I got the grades, would I be able to switch once I got there?

Thank you!
    It would be best to ring up the admissions office to see what options they can offer you. It might be possible provided that they still have spots available.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by In97)
    Hello there!

Thank you!
    I had a similar issue, I wanted to change from a science based degree to a business one, I called up the unis and they said I needed to email and then they'd help me. For Manchester I had to fill in a transfer request form and email it back, and then Leeds I needed to write a new personal statement. I don't know whether you would have to do this for Leeds with your course because the one I changed to was one of their 'best'- so they might not need a new PS if you're lucky. However I did all this before the deadline date to firm my choices, but both said they could still process a request to change after my deadline, so you definitely should call them! I'm not sure about the grade requirements though, my predicted grades are AAB which matched the Manchester's requirements for the new course, and Leeds had already offered me AAA for my previous course which was the same for the new course!

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.