Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I am currently a student at the university of manchester, but i am definitely not enjoying myself. I hate the manchester lifestyle that mainly consists of drugs and alcohol and i would really want to transfer to bath. The city looks so much prettier and i feel like the city will fit me better. Maybe even the people. For example i visited nottingham and i really liked the campus outside the city, and i would love to go there, but it only accommodates biotech and vet. I don't know...do you think I should transfer? and is maybe leeds a better choice? I am currently doing a biomed degree and I would like to do something similar

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by msgr)
    I am currently a student at the university of manchester, but i am definitely not enjoying myself. I hate the manchester lifestyle that mainly consists of drugs and alcohol and i would really want to transfer to bath. The city looks so much prettier and i feel like the city will fit me better. Maybe even the people. For example i visited nottingham and i really liked the campus outside the city, and i would love to go there, but it only accommodates biotech and vet. I don't know...do you think I should transfer? and is maybe leeds a better choice? I am currently doing a biomed degree and I would like to do something similar
    If you hate the manchester lifestyle because it mainly consists of drugs and alcohol, then leeds really isn't any better because the lifestyle will be the same. Moving to bath would be a good choice if you want somewhere quieter to live I suppose
    •  Official Rep

ReputationRep:
     Official Rep
    Hi,

I'm Rob, a second year civil engineer.

I'm sorry to hear that you are having a few problems. Personally I have never been to Manchester so I sadly can't make too many comparisons. However I can tell you a little about Bath.

The university is a campus university so all the buildings are on a relatively small site just outside of the town centre. Personally I really like this, as it gives a nice atmosphere and there always seems to be something going on.

Whilst of course it depends upon who you speak to, generally most people are friendly and I think there's a good community atmosphere.

In terms of drugs/ drink etc, of course there are some drugs, as there is in any town or city in the UK. This being said, personally I think the quantity of drugs is relatively low, and I have not directly come into contact with it since being at Uni - I would say it's something you could avoid if you wanted to. It is probably fair to say that Bath is a little more sheltered from such things compared to large cities.

In terms of clubbing, Bath isn't a massive party city. Yes there are clubs, and yes lots of people have a great time clubbing. However, compared to massive cities, Bath's clubs are a little more tame.

Sadly I am unable to help you with specifics of the course however I hope I have helped.

Best of luck,

Rob

(Original post by msgr)

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.