Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Regarding eligibility for a postgraduate loan watch

ReputationRep:
    Dear Student Room,

I am offered a place at MFA Fine Art at Goldsmiths Department of Fine Art in London (UK) from September 2016, as a Full time student. At the moment I am in the process of finding the finance.

I have been in contact with Goldsmiths Fee Administration, whom suggested me to contact you regarding my question about eligibility for a postgraduate loan. They sent me this link: http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/cont...what-can-I-get

I live in Copenhagen, DK, and therefore an EU citizen, but have not lived in the UK before starting at Goldsmiths in September.

I already hold a Master from DK. A Master I finished back in 2005 at a Danish University. It was a Master in social science and communication, and therefore not the same subject I am going to study at Goldsmiths.

Will it by any chance be possible for me to apply for a postgraduate loan? Or any other kind of loans/finansiel help in the UK?

I do not know if I clicked the right topic for this message, but hope it will get through to the right forum.

Thank you very much for your help.

Kind regards,
    Liselotte
    • Very Important Poster

Very Important Poster
    (Original post by liselotte)
    Dear Student Room,

I am offered a place at MFA Fine Art at Goldsmiths Department of Fine Art in London (UK) from September 2016, as a Full time student. At the moment I am in the process of finding the finance.

I have been in contact with Goldsmiths Fee Administration, whom suggested me to contact you regarding my question about eligibility for a postgraduate loan. They sent me this link: http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/cont...what-can-I-get

I live in Copenhagen, DK, and therefore an EU citizen, but have not lived in the UK before starting at Goldsmiths in September.

I already hold a Master from DK. A Master I finished back in 2005 at a Danish University. It was a Master in social science and communication, and therefore not the same subject I am going to study at Goldsmiths.

Will it by any chance be possible for me to apply for a postgraduate loan? Or any other kind of loans/finansiel help in the UK?

I do not know if I clicked the right topic for this message, but hope it will get through to the right forum.

Thank you very much for your help.

Kind regards,
    Liselotte
    *wave* Denmark

Hi

Unfortunately you can't apply for a PGL as you have a masters already.

Previous study You can only get a Postgraduate Loan if you don’t already have a postgraduate Master’s qualification or a higher level qualification like a PhD.
    Heres the link to the whole leaflet.
    http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/cont...-can-get-a-PGL

Maybe you can check to see whether there are any Bursaries from Goldsmith's?

Sorry , but good luck.

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.