Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I am currently studying in manchester but i am not enjoying it at all. I am studying biomed, and although the course is ok, i really dont like the people, or the lifestyle of this city. I researched transfering and one of the best options that i feel i have are: bath, leeds, york. I think i prefer smaller cities, with open hearted, kind people, rather than large ones. I visited leeds and i really liked it. I dont know, any advice? which one is the best out of all of these unis? should i transfer?
    •  Official Rep

ReputationRep:
     Official Rep
    Hi,

Please email [email protected] to get a greater understanding of transfers, I am unsure as to wether we accept transfers for EEE. I am a first year International Management student here at the University of Bath. Bath is a relatively small campus, therefore you are always bumping into people who you know, which is really nice. In the city I am also bumping in to friends, it is a small city but not so small that there isn't enough to do.

Do talk to our admissions team though to identify if a transfer is possible!

Hayden

(Original post by msgr)
    I am currently studying in manchester but i am not enjoying it at all. I am studying biomed, and although the course is ok, i really dont like the people, or the lifestyle of this city. I researched transfering and one of the best options that i feel i have are: bath, leeds, york. I think i prefer smaller cities, with open hearted, kind people, rather than large ones. I visited leeds and i really liked it. I dont know, any advice? which one is the best out of all of these unis? should i transfer?
    •  Official Rep

ReputationRep:
     Official Rep
    (Original post by msgr)
    Hi,

As Hayden said, it would be useful to email our admissions team to find out more about the possibility of transferring.

Something that I really like about Bath is that the campus is fairly small and compact in comparison to other universities, which makes it a very friendly, cosy and safe environment to study in. This gives the campus a real community feel. The campus has accommodation, a shop, the SU, the sports training village, a theatre, the library, bars, cafes and teaching spaces, making it a really nice and convenient place to live - kind of like a small town. The campus itself is surrounded by countryside, however Bath city centre is only a 10-15 minute bus journey from campus (there are 24 hour bus services that run during term time which take you from campus into town, which costs only £1.80 for a return ticket.) The city of Bath is a great place to live, as being a World Heritage site it is very beautiful and picturesque. There are lots of shops, restaurants, and nightlife, and from my experience there is plenty to do in the city. To get an idea you can look at Bath Leap List, a list of the best activities to do in Bath compiled by students! Bath is obviously a much smaller city than Manchester. I personally really like the size of Bath as there is lots of places to explore, but it still feels very safe and familiar! I would definitely advise coming to an open day, as it will allow you to get a feel for the university and help you to decide whether or not you can see yourself studying here.

If you have any other questions please feel free to quote me!

Beth

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.