Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I have an unconditional offer to study Politics and International Relations (with year in Japan) from September. (I'm a mature student so already have my A-levels..)

I was just wondering in regards to accommodation/ colleges what people's opinions were (both current students or perspective)?

I should be visiting soon to see them for myself but just thought I'd ask.

ReputationRep:
    I've applied for Turing College, they're the newest, and central campus. The houses are a lot cheaper which is what I have put as my first option, I can't justify spending so much more on the flats.

ReputationRep:
    Sent off my accommodation choices for Kent today. Went for:
    1) Parkwood 6 Bedroom House
    2) Darwin College
    3) Parkwood 5 Bedroom House
    4) Rutherford College

Couldn't justify paying for the more expensive options to be honest. Hopefully I get my first choice but would be happy with any option or at least I'm sure I'll survive

ReputationRep:
    Turing or Keynes for me

ReputationRep:
    I can say with experience that Turing or Keynes if you can afford it/get it. Parkwood is its separate thing and would like a wall to be built around it for everyone's safety.

ReputationRep:
    I'm also starting in September, but I'm going straight into private accommodation.
    It's much cheaper and you get more for your money:borat:

ReputationRep:
    If you get Parkwood, just pay the extra £600 to live in the 6 bed, much nicer, and the facilities are newer. At least that's been the case in the ones I've visited.

I live in Turing, and it's really nice. Houses are great value, you only share a bathroom with one person and as opposed to ensuites, it's actually a real, big bathroom. Storage space in the rooms is great. Only downside is sharing a kitchen with 11 people, not enough space for everyone's stuff. If I could put the rooms and bathrooms of the houses and put them with the kitchen of the flats, I would, but.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you rather give up sugar, or salt?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.