Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    My housemate has one and it always put on an indifferent face whatever you order it to do. It does not give a **** about anything and cats cannot connect to man on any level.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by HucktheForde)
    My housemate has one and it always put on an indifferent face whatever you order it to do. It does not give a **** about anything and cats cannot connect to man on any level.
    Dogs are a mans best friend

ReputationRep:
    Sounds like me tbh

ReputationRep:
    You don't order cats to do things, cats order YOU to do things
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Anyone who thinks cats can't be loving are really missing out. Their affection isn't as in your face like dogs but they certainly can show love, trust and companionship to their owners. I've felt more of a connection and bond with the cats I have had than any dogs I have had, yet I have loved them all the same. My cats have as much oomph and personality to them than any dog I've met, sometimes even more. I think cats are very misunderstood. Their little ways can take a while to get used to but they are worth getting to know.

ReputationRep:
    Seen one cat, bases opinion of all cats on this one cat.
    • Very Important Poster

Very Important Poster
    It seems smart. I cant think of anyone else wanting to be ordered around by you. Treat it nicely and it might let you feed it.

ReputationRep:
    I love cats - cats are nice people. they don't annoy you. they don't yell at you. they give you your space. they'll love you as much as you love them. cats are decent, respectable individuals.

ReputationRep:
    Not the cat in my signature

ReputationRep:
    Dogs follow orders. Cats do what they want.

It's a higher compliment to be loved by a cat than a dog.

ReputationRep:
    I always disliked cats and while im still a dog over cat person, they are much more cooler and loving than i once thought.
    You need to get lucky and get an affectionate boy cat

ReputationRep:
    I had an ex whose cat hated me. Always had an eye on me 'just in case'

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DanteTheDoorKnob)
    Dogs follow orders. Cats do what they want.

It's a higher compliment to be loved by a cat than a dog.
    This guy gets it. Dogs won't bite the hand that feeds unless you provoke them into doing so. Cats will bite the hand that feeds purely because they can.

The love of a dog is a given, but you have to earn the love of a cat. And even then the ******* will still jump on your chest and bat your nose at 4am.

But seriously OP, you tried to order a cat to do something? :rofl:
    You're essentially Jon Snow when it comes to knowledge of cats.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
    Useful resources
    AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.