The Student Room Group

Cats are terrible pets

My housemate has one and it always put on an indifferent face whatever you order it to do. It does not give a **** about anything and cats cannot connect to man on any level.
Original post by HucktheForde
My housemate has one and it always put on an indifferent face whatever you order it to do. It does not give a **** about anything and cats cannot connect to man on any level.

Dogs are a mans best friend
Sounds like me tbh
You don't order cats to do things, cats order YOU to do things :tongue:
Reply 4
Anyone who thinks cats can't be loving are really missing out. Their affection isn't as in your face like dogs but they certainly can show love, trust and companionship to their owners. I've felt more of a connection and bond with the cats I have had than any dogs I have had, yet I have loved them all the same. My cats have as much oomph and personality to them than any dog I've met, sometimes even more. I think cats are very misunderstood. Their little ways can take a while to get used to but they are worth getting to know.
(edited 8 years ago)
Seen one cat, bases opinion of all cats on this one cat.
It seems smart. I cant think of anyone else wanting to be ordered around by you. Treat it nicely and it might let you feed it.
I love cats - cats are nice people. they don't annoy you. they don't yell at you. they give you your space. they'll love you as much as you love them. cats are decent, respectable individuals.
Not the cat in my signature
Dogs follow orders. Cats do what they want.

It's a higher compliment to be loved by a cat than a dog.
I always disliked cats and while im still a dog over cat person, they are much more cooler and loving than i once thought.
You need to get lucky and get an affectionate boy cat
I had an ex whose cat hated me. Always had an eye on me 'just in case'
Original post by DanteTheDoorKnob
Dogs follow orders. Cats do what they want.

It's a higher compliment to be loved by a cat than a dog.

This guy gets it. Dogs won't bite the hand that feeds unless you provoke them into doing so. Cats will bite the hand that feeds purely because they can.

The love of a dog is a given, but you have to earn the love of a cat. And even then the bastard will still jump on your chest and bat your nose at 4am.

But seriously OP, you tried to order a cat to do something? :rofl:
You're essentially Jon Snow when it comes to knowledge of cats.
(edited 8 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest