Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    i passed my eng mock exam with a c and the teacher is still placing me in foundation tier and i will not do foundation tier i just don't think its fair. shes basing it on my controlled asessment which i got band 3s last year and this is not fair shes completely dismissing my efforts and how hard im working but to no avail. what should i do?

ReputationRep:
    Do you have a head of department that you could go to? Maybe get your parents to talk to her?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by luciie)
    Do you have a head of department that you could go to? Maybe get your parents to talk to her?
    No i don't have a head of department. I don't get it because her argument is that it's easier to obtain a c in higher but I got c so I don't understand. As soon as I passed my exam she completely changed her views and is being childlike and not remembering the deal we had it's So annoying because I got a D on the first mock and the second mock I got a c. From the short amount of time given I literally improved and she's still dismissing my efforts. She says my controlled assessment was weak. If I got a c in a higher paper what's stopping me from obtaining a higher grade. I'm so stressed due to the unfairness!
    • TSR Support Team
    • Study Helper

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Study Helper
    (Original post by Jkookists)
    No i don't have a head of department. I don't get it because her argument is that it's easier to obtain a c in higher but I got c so I don't understand. As soon as I passed my exam she completely changed her views and is being childlike and not remembering the deal we had it's So annoying because I got a D on the first mock and the second mock I got a c. From the short amount of time given I literally improved and she's still dismissing my efforts. She says my controlled assessment was weak. If I got a c in a higher paper what's stopping me from obtaining a higher grade. I'm so stressed due to the unfairness!
    You should have a head of department or a subject leader. If neither, your best line of argument would be going to your Head of House, Head of Year or something.

Well, if you take a foundation paper, you can only get a C overall anyway.

Well if you got a C in the higher paper, then you would probably get a D or an E overall since your controlled assessment is very weak. This means, it would pull your overall grade down further if you were to go for a higher paper.

So if you stick with a foundation paper, then your overall grade would most likely remain a C.

I think you've confused between Higher and Foundation. Because you can get a higher grade on the higher paper. But you will not be able to get above a C on the foundation paper.

Are you still confused after reading this?

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
    Useful resources

Study tools

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Thinking about uni already?

Thinking about uni already?

See where you can apply with our uni match tool

Student chat

Ask a question

Chat to other GCSE students and get your study questions answered.

Creating

Make study resources

Create all the resources you need to get the grades.

Planner

Create your own Study Plan

Organise all your homework and exams so you never miss another deadline.

Resources by subject

From flashcards to mind maps; there's everything you need for all of your GCSE subjects.

Papers

Find past papers

100s of GCSE past papers for all your subjects at your fingertips.

Help out other students

Can you help? Study help unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.